1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you were any of these things, did you feel like you didn't really belong in LGBT?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HeFleBiGen, Aug 9, 2018.

1. HeFleBiGen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Heteroflexible, androgynous, genderfluid, non-binary, demisexual, pansexual; if you were any of these things, were you comfortable with your labels but feel like you weren't really a part of LGBT?

Reasons can be that they tend to focus too much on the L.G.B.T. part rather than all the other stuff, to even that you're comfortable with being in LGBT but tend to dislike that they're so left-wing and offended over stuff, or that some people dress a little too inappropriately over parades and such.

I'm feeling all those things right now, so I have two questions.

Number 1, did you feel like that? And number two, do you have advice on those subjects? It don't matter if you never felt that way, or if you felt at least one or all of those things, can you offer advice? It doesn't have to be for just me, it can be for everybody else reading this thread.

Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

2. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, let's start by pointing that some of those labels don't necessarily belong in the LGBT community.

Androgynous doesn't really have anything to do with sexuality or even gender identity per se, an androgynous person could be cis and straight so this person would have to actually be willing/keen to date people of the same-sex or be trans to actually be able to relate/fee like the belong in the LGBT community.

Same with demi-sexual, needing feelings to be intimate with someone isn't exclusive to LGTBQ+ people, someone straight can easily be demi-sexual so they would actually need more than their demi-sexuality to be able to relate to the community.

Regarding the term heteroflexible. I think heteroflexible people might have a tough time within the LGBT community mostly because they are associated with bi-curious folks who don't tend to be liked among the community due to people's personal experience.

It can also be a problem the other way around for bi/pan/homoflexible people who can be 99.9% more into same-sex people but still 0.1% not gay enough for some people in the community.

Gender fluid and non-binary people definitely belong in the community but I think the LGBTQ+ Movement is a movement who focuses more on sexuality than it does gender, BUT it's also important to acknowledge that sometimes umbrella terms must be used. The bisexual movement, is also inclusive of the pansexual community and shade light towards problems both bi and pan may face. Same with genderfluid folks and the trans movement, while genderfluid people aren't Trans, the T is there to teach people about disphorya, gender identiy and gender expression, you couldn't actually try to bring attention to each label people come up with equally as it would be counter-productive in the long-term.

Which part do you suggest they focus on when those are the main labels and even people identifying as those, still don't have equal rights, freedom and respect in most countries? What is being "too" left-wing for you, and what do you consider stuff not worth being offended over that LGBTQ+ seem to get too offended about? I went to pride 2 weeks ago and there was a few men completely naked walking around, quite a lot of extreme BDSM folks walking around in fetish clothes and accessories of all kind. It did made me uncomfortable for a second BUT then I had to remind myself that my feelings of discomfort towards random naked bodies are mine to deal with and that everyone should be able to wear just want they want, including pony tail butt plugs if tha's what they feel like it. Who gets to decide what's appropriate or not anyway?

3. HeFleBiGen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people

I appreciate your input. Now I feel a little better.

Also, I think that in some popular parts of America, there are plenty of SJWs who tend to hate cisgender straight men for some reason. I dunno why, they just do. Also also, I wasn't talking about just the LGBTQ+s getting offended over everything, I was talking about ALL people-- OK, not all but many people of all ethnicities and sexualities and religions getting offended over every little thing, such as something stupid on the Internet or flying the American flag. As far as the left-wing people go, some people tend to focus more on the LGBTs than the straight folks. Also, I was talking about those type of people not belonging in the community because people tended to focus on the basic letters of the community (the lesbians, the gays, the bis, and the trans) rather than any other sexuality or gender minority.
    And to tell you the truth, I've never been to pride, but I tend to see that in the major cities (NYC, for example) there tend to be people walking and dolling up in over-revealing outfits. At least, that's the worst of it.

I apologize for not making these things clear; I have HFA and tend to articulate my words fairly decent but not enough to give vivid enough descriptions of what I'm talking about.

Hope this gave u a better insight on my opinion.

4. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    SJWs hate white cisgender men because these characteristics are deemed the combination of characteristics that enables a person to exert more power in society by automation and recieve more benefits simply for being. (Never mind those who are disabled, victims of crime/abuse, working-class by birth, homosexual etc.)

Flying the American flag is deemed as representing national pride in the case of dominant societies - nationalist in a bad way, and by flying the flag one is - intentionally or not - flying this power in front of people and is reminds the oppressed of the bad things. (Similar to how Germans fly the German flag during sporting events but as soon as over will take down because they don't want to be accused of nationalism dating back to Nazi Germany. Apart from the fact the German households do this on their own accord, whereas other people are attempting to force American households to take it down).

Also, something "stupid and small" on the internet to you may seem the worst and most upsetting thing for another. It is most likely that it isn't that one ''small'' occasion but a build up of these ''small'' things over time that it feels bigger inside the head of the person upset rather than the person discussing their opinion. (Example - I used to be called ''small'' as a 4ft 2 11 year old - 4ft 10 ... well I still am at 20 ... and I used to get really upset whenever a person would call me "small". Now to that one person it is just a word, a descriptor. (Pretty pointless to just say the word to my face but anyway). So because being small/short is associated and has been taught to me to be a really bad thing, it translated that they were saying something bad about me. Now, to anyone else, this is just one person, one time. But to me, I have the history and build up of my own experience which is one person, one time, too many times. I'm over this now, if someone says "you're small" I just say "yes, yes I am.")

5. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No need to apologize, your initial post was pretty clear, I just asked for precision because it helps to give a better answer.

I don't think people hate cis-straight men as much as they feel hated because people point out they are privileged. No matter how you look at it, cis-white males are at the "top of the chain", they are the one who have most powers and most bad histrocial events can probably be traced back to a whie cis male on a power trip. Pointing out someone is privileged, and that the system needs to change isn't "hating" but yes, I am frustrated with white cis males having the power to decide who I can marry and what I can and cannot do with my vagina and the rest of my body, I do not hate white cis males, but I do want a world where they stop being at the top of that chain and actually start trying to undo the damage they (& their ancestors) have made.

People can and do feel offended by small things but what may be a small things to you, could be a big things for someone else. A lot of minorities suffer from micro-agressions, those micro-agressions are as annoying as blatant racism and discrimination, on the outside a micro-agression make look like nothing to someone else but could be alot for the person to whom it happens a lot.
    Flags are a strange things because there isn't a nation that hasn't been built on blood and invasion, the american flag and just patriotism in general are frown upon, rightly because countries like the US have been built on the slaughter of millions of native people, with the sweat and on the tears of hundreds of thousands slaves taken from their homes and families. I would never dare fly my home country's flag in my garden, that just sounds wrong to me and while my country is mostly fine now, it has a massive past of colonialism, invasions, war and oppression so I wouldn't want to wave it in the face of people who may have been affected by the stories behind the flag.

Regarding straight folks, again, what do think straight folk need that they don't have that political folks should focus? Straight people are the norm so they already have all the rights they could probably ever have based on their sexuality (which is not the case of LGBT people) so anyth other problem they may have that need fixing, is surely not due to their sexuality and affect probably LGBTQ people as much as they do them. Unless you could come up with an example of a problem that a straight person has that LGBTQ+ can't experience and could be fixed if left-wing people, focused more on them?

Regarding pride, yes plenty of naked/half-naked folks (a lot of them straight allies actually!) but why is that a problem? Shouldn't people wear what they want to wear and feel comfortable wearing? If you open your mouth to denounce and say something that make sense, it will still hit right and make sense, whether you say it in a mini-skirt or a turtleneck.

6. Danielito

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i understand.