Shy and uninteresting

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Joey08, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Joey08

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have such a hard time making friends. I need a long time to warm up to people. Before I'm comfortable around people I'm worried I come across as uninteresting when I can barely find the words to say to their questions or ask them questions myself. I don't have any friends at college yet that I do things with outside of clubs or class. I just wish I could speed up the process somehow so I can talk to people without having nothing to say.

2. peachy06

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I worry about the same things. I also take a while to be comfortable around people, so I might not have any useful advice but what I've heard people say a lot is to be interested in the other person. People like to talk about themselves. Although I know it's hard I believe you can do it. You won't ever know if people think you're interesting or not if you don't give them a chance to get to know you. So try not to be so harsh on yourself. You're probably more interesting than you give yourself credit for. Everyone is unique.

3. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm confident in my work life. But I'm recently out and going alone to LGBT events was very daunting. I was really anxious. But I know next time will be easier. I made from the two LGBT meet ups 3 new Facebook friends. They are all gay and I believe if I try and build a little community around myself it will eventually be easier.

peachy06 likes this.