1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting to think that i'm a pedophile

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Hope4love, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Hope4love

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm only attracted to people who are 2-3 years younger than me, i'm crushing on so many guys who are younger than me and i can't help but feel guilty and ashamed of it, because i don't feel any attraction to people with my age or older, how can i fix this?

2. fadedstar

fadedstar Guest

A 16 year old finding a 13 year old attractive is very different to a 26 year old finding a 23 year old attractive. And you don't say how old you are so we don't have much to go on. 2-3 years age difference isn't too bad. You might find some older people attractive without realising it, not everyone looks their age. The legal definition of a pedophile is someone who acts or tries to act sexually with someone below the legal age of consent (the legal age of consent varies depending on which country you are in.) The definition of a pedophile according to psychology is someone who is sexually aroused by humans that haven't yet reached puberty, if neither of those apply to you then you're probably just worrying about nothing.

#2 fadedstar, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2018
    Hope4love likes this.
  3. Biguyjosh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Without knowing your age it might not be an issue. Crushing on someone is simply that - crushing. Doesn't mean you're going to act on it.

Hope4love likes this.
  4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Are you 19 as listed in your profile? You should check for and follow your country's/local age restrictions when it comes to legal consent, but remember that while a 2-3 age difference can seem small, there are big differences between when people physically mature and when they mentally/emotionally mature (often early 20s). There is a big difference between having attraction and acting on it, and it's safest to just pursue romantic relationships with other adults.

Hope4love likes this.
  5. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hope4love likes this.
  6. Dollop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    as stated if they are 2 years younger than u its all quite normal. When i was 18/21 i loved people the same ages as me but now i am 29 i look at them and see them a too young they look like kids to me. As u grow up i dare say u will experince the same, no need to worry. the fact that u posted this tells me ur worried but try not to think to much of it for the time being, just know the laws of ur contry on the matter.

Hope4love likes this.