1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi,

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Andric987, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Andric987

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm 17 yrs old, gay, and out to just a few dear friends. I live in an area where homophobia and racism run rampant and need new people to talk to and advice on coming out.

2. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How you wanna come out ?

3. whyamihere

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Since you’re 17, I’m assuming you still live with your parents, forgive me if I’m wrong. If you have a good relationship with them, I would suggest coming out to them first, or to a brother or sister or another close relative of yours. It’s no one else’s business, the people in your area don’t need to know, but I think the people closest to you deserve to know. If it’s important to you, it should be important to them.

4. illbehere

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi! Welcome to EC. This is a great place to figure stuff out and get whatever help you need! Feel free to write on my wall anytime.

5. Andric987

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi! My brother is a pastor to a very homophobic fundamental Baptist church my other one is an alcoholic. Both my parents are homophobic but not as bad as my brother. I'm out to my more liberal realities but they live 1000 miles away.

6. Andric987

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I really don't know yet, probably by letter or in person.

7. whyamihere

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I come from a Christian background too. My parents go to church, I’ve been raised with conservative, Christian values and I’m not at all as homophobic as my parents are, even though I’m a straight man who believes in God and knows what the Bible says about homosexuality. Since you’re still legally a child, and if you’re not in a strained relationship with your parents, I strongly suggest you come out to them first but only when you’re absolutely certain that you’re ready. You’re still their son, you’re still the same person they know and love, but they don’t have to be kept in the dark about who you are. They deserve to know as much as you deserve to be out.

8. Andric987

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That is true. It all falls back to my own cowardice I think? IDK that is the right word. My relationship with my parents is one to be desired. We are very close and so is me and my brother. It sucks honestly because the main thing that is keeping me from coming out is my fear of ruining the closeness of our relationships. I doubt my parents would disown me or kick me out but it's the humiliation of it all and that same fear. My brother would be devastated and that's the scary part and also another concern. I fear that he would fill ideas in my parent's heads about homosexuality. I do, however, find truth in your words I need to come out for my mental and social health but IDK if I should do it on facebook, text them or talk to them, its all a little overwhelming. (I'm sorry I ranted a little)

9. Andric987

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you!!