1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turning straight again :(

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Nicholas7, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Nicholas7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For some weird reason men don't do it for me anymore once again, It doesn't stop changing my sexuality. Before I was on here I thought I was gay and now somehow I love women again. What is happening to me I am going crazy is this what being bisexual means, I have been like this for 10 years!!

2. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nicholas7

I can't speak for all bisexuals...only myself. I used to think that my drives were cyclic. I now understand there may be a little of that. But, mostly, it varies depending on stimulation.

When I am in a sexual relationship, or around someone I am attracted to it will stimulate my same sex or opposite sex desires and I will hardly notice the other sex.

Except, when my type of either sex comes by. I am generally not attracted to men on the street. But, there is a type of guy that just does it for me and there is no denying it.

Are you still in a sexual relationship with your girlfriend? When I was your age and "getting some" I think that skewed my desires.

I am still wondering a bit if you are having some problems accepting your same sex desires. At one time you were very lukewarm on your experiences with your girlfriend. Has that gotten better?

3. Nicholas7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes I am still with my girlfriend and I have gotten way more attracted to her like non stop sex where before it never really felt right and I always had second thoughts about her.

4. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It happens to me. Right now I feel almost straight, last week I felt closer to gay. Seems to go back and forth. Last week I was fantasizing about giving a guy a blow job, this week I’m fantasizing about women. I can’t predict it

5. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So. I went almost 20 years without fantasizing sexually about guys. I would still see a guy that was hot and notice him if he was my type and think "nice!". But, the idea of sex with a man was not even interesting. My wife and I had a very good sex life...it was all I needed.

It could be that way for you.

But, I would caution you that it could also be that you are wanting to feel that you are straight because society does convince us of that. That is one of the hardest things for a bisexual to learn about themselves. Is my opposite sex attraction genuine or is it because I'm supposed to be that way?

I don't think you're straight. You have, pretty much shown that. One way to try and understand yourself would be to accept that being bisexual means accepting that you are gay. That's what I had to do. I had to lose the shame of being gay to really accept being bisexual. Then I knew I wasn't hiding behind a label like "straight with a dude fetish" which is sorta how I used to think of myself.

6. Nicholas7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks mate appreciate it.

7. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What you describe sounds perfectly normal. I like to think I was in a man "phase" for years because I didn't figure out my sexuality right away. And I still flip flop on what I want.

Nicholas7 likes this.