1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm questioning again?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Salome44, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Salome44

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi! First time posting here, nice to meet you.
    First of all I want to say that I am a female in my early 20's and I am kind of "out" as bisexual to my parents and friends. With my parents it was more of a "I think I might like girls" talk, without saying directly I'm bisexual, but they were supportive, even so we, haven't pursued the topic further. This talk was just recently with my dad, like 2 months ago at most, my dad was the person I was most afraid of telling, but everything went good. Due to this talk I recently am questioning again about if I truly like guys too or if it was just an attempt at feeling "normal" and feeling that I was meeting my family's expectations.
    I mean there are guys I really like, that I think things like "he has a nice body, he looks" sexy" in that, etc" but can't picture myself actually pursuing a more physical relationship with them, and those guys I can count with the finger of one hand at most. I have to say as well, that the thought of having sex with a guy frightens me a lot. Although I have kissed a guys (didn't like it, but I wasn't interested in him, it was a stolen kiss, after I told him not to).
    My only experience with relationships is with girls, and I just have had a single relationship, as I was (am?) a late bloomer, afraid of my sexuality. That relationship was quite chaste for lack of a better word. And to be honest I can't picture myself with a girl either, but I know am not asexual as do find both guys and girls arousing, if that makes sense.
    So I don't know if my fear of a physical relationship with a male is due to my lack of experience, and my negative experiences with kissing that one guy (the only one I've kissed), or if I actually don't find them attractive and if my incapacity of imaging myself with a girl is due to my self restrictions I've had till now.
    What I want to say really after all that is that I have considered myself bisexual since I was in middle school, but recently, I have been playing with the idea that I might actually be a lesbian, and I'm just realizing or accepting it because I don't have to hide myself so much with my family anymore.
    I would appreciate some external input from you guys, and sorry for the long text.
    Have a nice day/night :slight_smile:

2. regkmc

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you ever masturbate thinking of guys? That could be a good indicator.

3. Salome44

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a few times, that's why I consider myself bisexual, just that when I'm confronted with the possibility of the real thing, I get scared, and kind of repulsed.

4. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What about it repulses or scares you?

5. Watlwtwd

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am in the exact same situation with all genders mentioned reversed :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I have been thinking about it and i think that, most of all, it shouldnt stress you out. Take a breather and remember you are not in the closet you left when you came out for the first time. Dont forget you have already made the @im not straight@ leap of faith by coming out to others, and also had the guts it takes to try out a samesex relationship. Bisexuality is a really complex and broad term which you are currently exploring, and you are not being in no way dishonest with your loved ones by not confiding with them about your thoughts about maybe being a lesbian.

Give yourself time to figure it out through future thoughts experiences and just keep true ; meaning, dont fall in the pit of faking attraction to someone so that you strengthen your "bi status". Remember, no one has a say on who you are attracted to and the people you are out to are most probably aware of that :slight_smile: