1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i want to come out but im scared

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by i7025, Sep 22, 2018.

1. i7025

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i am a closeted trans guy. I want to come out but im scared because my mom gets really agressive when shes mad also im scared that i will be harassed at school and everyone will think im weird. Should i come out and how should i come out

2. CosmicWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well coming out is something that only you can decide. But my advice would be to make sure that when/if you come out you do it when your parents dont have any control over you. As for school... that can be either a nightmare or a blessing. If your school is like mine and has a GSA i would suggest stopping by a meeting. That is a good way to meet fellow LGBTQ students at your school and maybe find someone who can be there to support you when/if you come out.

3. Jude B

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree. I came out to friends first. Now, it's only my family that doesn't know. That's working pretty well for me so far because my friends are open and non-judgmental to begin with. Not to mention that a lot of them are LGBTQ+.

I recommend talking to a friend that you know you can trust. That way, you can kinda get a feel for what coming out SHOULD be like. You shouldn't be judged or condemned for who you are; you can't control that.

4. i7025

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    thanks for the advice i came out to my friend who is also trans ftm and they were very accepting

Jude B likes this.
  5. Bee12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey i7025, congrats on coming out to your friend! It's great to hear that they were supportive and understanding! In terms of what's next, only come out to people when you feel comfortable and ready. Coming out to your friends first means that you can build a supportive network of people who will be there for you for when you do come out to your parents. However, if you think that your parents might react negatively and if you think that it might be unsafe to do so, maybe wait until you are more independent from them. And like CosmicWolf said, if there are any support groups or any staff members that you can trust then it is worth talking to these people. I wish you the best and I hope it all goes well for you.

6. Jude B

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad to hear. I'm not going to lie and say that everything's going to be easy from here on out. Not everyone in this world has an open mind. But, I think coming out is a good step in the right direction towards finding your true self. Congrats!