1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help with sony store!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Fishtail, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Fishtail

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So a friend asked me if when you have an Australia, u.s.a or Uk ps3/3/vita,
    and don't have a registered account in the store,
    if it's possible you can make an account when you are in Paris, German or any other europe country.

My friend and I both know that's not possible if it's an asia sony gamedevice,
    you live in u.s.a or europe and you want to make an account there.

I unfortunately can't answer my friend and there where only 3 results I found,
    in german but the link didn't work.

So anybody who have tried it themselves or give me a english link that's 100% trustworthy?:fingers_crossed:

ps: I didn't search in english cuz I can't be sure if the people who answer the questions online
    live in europe plus cuz most english homepage are from an Australia, u.s.a, or Uk admin/viewpoint.

#1 Fishtail, Sep 22, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  2. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah as long as you have the adress of literally anywhere in the country you want to set up an account for, you cam set up an account. For example, my Japanese PSN and UK psn acvounts both have my address as the same one as a mcdonalds in that country. Also where did you hear that asian hardware is incompatible with European/US accounts? I have a Japanese Vita and I can sign into my US, UK, and Japanese psn fine on it.

3. Fishtail

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you @kibou97 , but I'm still a bit confused.
    My friend showed me the vita video of "MetalJesusRocks" and there the other
    person (dunno her name) say that the japanese vita is "locket" (lack of better word)
    to only the store in japan,
    regardless if you choose the jp. vita in english or another european language.
    The few english infos I sometimes stumble upon reading tells the same thing.

Since I prefer to buy physical games, I don't dwell a thought on online stores
    and take my friends info as legit.

#3 Fishtail, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  4. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay I just looked up and saw the video you're talking about, she's wrong and I'm not sure how she came to that conclusion. During the system set-up, you either just sign into an account for whatever region you want or you make an account for that region, it's not locked to a specific store. The only thing I can think of is that they signed into a japanese account and then discovered you can't regularly switch accounts regularly and so you just would need to remove the memory card (so that it wont wipe your memory) and factory reset the vita and sign into the other account during system setup (sony made it stupidly cumbersome for the vita to switch accounts for some reason). As for the other sony systems, yeah you can have accounts from different regions just fine. Like you said though, if you go physical then it mostly wont matter which store you choose.

5. Fishtail

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You where aware I meant the online sony store, where you can buy ditital games&co.,
    and not the account setting (country, time and.s.o.) when you turn the vita on for the first time?
    And was "stupidly cumbersome" a misspell from ya? *wordConfuseMe*

If you right, time to search for a pretty jp. vita insted of the boring european black on. :slight_smile:

#5 Fishtail, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  6. Fishtail

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If anbody has a webpage link or video link that shows if it work's what @kibou97 posted,
    (preferable video link)please post it here.

7. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I know you're referring to the digital store. Your account's region that you set it up as will match whichever region's psn store you go to. If you set up your account with the region being Japan, you will have Japan's psn store. when you sign into that account on a ps-vita or any playstation device, your store will match the region your account is set up under. I would go ahead and make a playstation account on the internet on your pc because it's easier to set up with your computer and once you fill out the information and you have your account set up, just sign into that account on your new vita, no matter which region that vita is from, and you'll get access to the psn store for the region that account is set under. The process I explained earlier is just the process you need to go through if you want to switch which account you have on your vita as you can only have one account at a time on the vita and I think this is what the girl from Metaljesusrocks' video on the vita. Also nope, cumbersome is just another way of saying tedious or annoying. And yeah, I specifically went for a Japanese vita so that I could have a nicer color (I went for neon orange).

8. Fishtail

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Please help again.
    Am i right that the regular Ps4 and Ps4 pro can't play bluray movies,
    but the Ps4 slim can if the movie disc have hdmi(16:9 frame included?

#8 Fishtail, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  9. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As far as I know, they should work fine on all PS4's. Speaking from personal experience, I have a regular PS4 and I've yet to run into an issue involving blu-ray movies being playable on the PS4.

10. Fishtail

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks a bunch again for answering my questions. :ghost::hugging: *ghost/cyber hug
    Though Sony say due to Ps4 pro having better gameframe quality,
    they excluded dvd/bluray player to not make the price too high.

Does the instruction manual exactly say what the lowest and highest framerate are
    for bluray?
    Because there is a big difference between hdmi and 4k.

#10 Fishtail, Oct 6, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018