1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am afraid I will be single forever

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by mariee, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is all so true. I love that about being our own hero.

Nickos likes this.
  2. DragonBoys

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been feeling this especially hard everyday for the past two months or so. I, too, have been feeling sad, depressed, and lonely after four heartbreaks to the point where I would cry at night, not eat/sleep/drink from the anxiety of being "forever alone" and dying alone. Hell, I've even felt my heart constantly beating against my chest 24/7 at the mere thought of being alone forever and the anxiety it caused. And I'm just 24 years old. Although the fear seems real, it's absurd because in your 20's you're still young, and although people meet and date in their teens, they meet date in their 20's and beyond as well!

So I've been recovering just by throwing myself back into what I love and just focusing on building friendships and connections with old friends and new. It's like "turning over a new leaf." Yet, the intrusive thoughts about living this "lovey-dovey" life with a girlfriend where you do all this classic cliche stuff with them like Lover4Ever had described pop up nearly every hour, I try not to get too entangled in them or linger on them as much as possible because that feeds into this cycle of "I have to have a girlfriend NOW" which can lead into rash behavior and leave me in some pretty uncomfortable situations. So I prefer to just take a step back from this mad cycle of thinking and instead, think of ways to make myself more visible to gay women and to meet other people.

Although finding someone as your s/o is not guaranteed in life, your chances of finding a s/o are increased if you go out and meet others. By doing so, you might just achieve that reality of having a girlfriend you can do cute couple things with, y'know? But in the end, I want you to be happy with yourself, single or not, and content with your life regardless of finding someone. I think happiness begins with the self.

Love4Ever and Nickos like this.
  3. Nickos

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Exactly... In order to be loved we need to accept and love ourselves first. I tried to search deep within myself and I found some buried pride which screams that I won't rely on someone else for my own happiness. No matter what happens in the end, no matter how I end up, no matter how others will see me, no matter how whatever happens I will own my life, all the mistakes and the good decisions I took and that's that!
    I try to keep this piece of mind as close to me as I can. Of course I still get lonely at times but even then I know I'm not the only one feeling like that and I know that being human is a really complex and excruciating thing. It ain't easy at all! If only it was... Oh boy...

DragonBoys, CosmicWolf and Love4Ever like this.
  4. Loves books

Mid twenties 0 dates, 0 relationships , 0 kisses, 0 prospects and 1 degenerative muscle disorder.I'm praying to a god I don't believe in for someone to turn up before I turn 30 and while I can still use my arms.

5. notaprincess06

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have the same worries, same fears, I'm also not good at making friends with strangers and I am awkward with people I don't know well. Tbh I don't even know any non straight women here in my country(our country?). So yeah, if you need to talk about these things, you're not alone in feeling this way and I think in my case, if we're from the same country, I can understand even better, the community must be tiny/more hidden than elsewhere cause I don't know anyone and that is really sad.

6. mariee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am sorry,be strong!

@everyone
    Thank you for your replies. I have some events this week, and many more in the future, maybe I will meet someone, I really want to meet my soulmate

7. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sorry. That must be really hard.

8. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can relate to this a lot. To look at it in a positive light though, being single is way better than being in a bad relationship.

Love4Ever likes this.
  9. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I always tell myself this. This is also why if I have a friendship or a crush on someone and they start to have a negative effect on my life, I cut myself loose. I don't have time to have toxic people in my life. I don't want to get drug down by people who aren't going to help me become a better version of myself.

10. earthguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm the same way. I'm 27 and and I all so scared about being alone forever. i'm sorry I don't really have any advice to give you.