1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual until graduation

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by earthguy, Sep 20, 2018.

1. earthguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know I have said something similar like this before but I was reading that there people who called themselves self "bisexual until graduation" what do you think of this?

2. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In my opinion, a lot of these girls are still bisexual, but for various reasons that have to do with societal pressure a lot of them opt for heterosexual relationships because it's easier. Some of them want to have the "traditional" life with the white picket fence and they assume it will be easier if they marry a man. So these women aren't straight to me, they are still bi, but they choose to only date and marry men.

3. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I do think it's good that you called this "bisexuals until graduation", because it is often erroneously labeled LUG, (lesbian until graduation), which again just shows that there is a ton of bisexual erasure and that it is so little recognized as an actual identify that people refer to all women in relationships with women as lesbians, who then were "converted" back to being straight.Which is ridiculous. And most of these women were actually bi all along.

#3 Love4Ever, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    Silveroot, Meander and earthguy like this.
  4. earthguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Love4Ever I strongly agree with what you said but it not just girls, lots of guys of have relationships with other men in college. I think a lot of it has to do with people when they go to college, in city people have a lot more freedom to explore there bisexuality and lot of city have a very strong gay and lesbian scene. I think when they graduate from college and they move home they adopt strict heterosexual relationships because they find it easier.

Limiteded and Love4Ever like this.
  5. earthguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    People who claim to be bisexuals until graduation will say that they were just experimenting. To me this can be a disrespect to the person they were in a relationship because the person could say I was not experimenting I was in love with you.

Love4Ever likes this.
  6. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought this was an insult used to call married bisexuals.

Love4Ever likes this.
  7. earthguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    emerry there could be some truth to that.

Love4Ever likes this.
  8. notaprincess06

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, since sexuality is very much a spectrum, someone could genuinely feel straight and also enjoy casual sex or even a one off relationship with someone of the same gender. I mean, sure, they're not 100% straight in that case but they could be more like an 80% - 20% kind of thing. Either that or they're bisexual but can't or won't accept it. My guess is most people, as long as they have an open mind about it, can enjoy sex with both binary genders and every gender in between, regardless of orientation(considering it is a spectrum anyway) but society with its norms, unwritten rules and regulations, makes most unaware of this.

However, I think it's a bit offensive to all yourself bisexual til graduation, if someone actually calls themselves that. First of all, no, whatever desire and pleasure you get from being with someone of the same gender won't just magically disappear. Secondly, it's like saying oh I'm bisexual now cause it's more acceptable while I can just pretend to be a horny student who doesn't discriminate when it comes to who they have sex with and wants to experiment with anything that has 2 legs and a pulse, but once that period is done with I'm just back to being straight, sucks for y'all real bisexuals who have to keep living with the burden of not being straight.

beenthrdonetht and Broccoli like this.
  9. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh I completely agree! I was just talking about the well known LUG (lesbian until graduation) phenomenon. The same thing happens to men as well, but for some reason, (like really all bisexuality associated with men), it gets completely ignored.

earthguy likes this.
  10. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There have been tons of stories on here of men who had experiences with other men when they were younger and then went on to only date women because they believed that was what was expected of them. These men often didn't come out until later as bisexual.

Limiteded and earthguy like this.
  11. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Guys in college are just generally too horny... they talk about sex literally all the time. Now, I don't see why this can't be the case for girls too, but men are thought to have a higher libido generally. Maybe it surprises nobody that men get off to each other. In addition to pursuing women. That would be my theory. Idk what girls are like, because I don't really have female classmates and my bisexuality and masculine behaviour scares them off additionally.

earthguy likes this.
  12. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Surprisingly college girls are even more horny than the guys are, they've just been taught to hide it better to fit into societal standards. It's really not that rare for girls who go to fraternity parties a lot to hook up with every guy in the fraternity in the same night, and the ones who go to nightclubs will grind/make out with literally 20+ guys and some other girls within a couple hours. It's a good scam they have going, sleep with every guy they want then just blame it on the guy's being the horny ones not them so they can go pretend to act innocent again.

Limiteded, Forlong and Biguyjosh like this.
  13. Biguyjosh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not surprised that both guys and girls are bi or curious until graduation. But it could also be that they actually fall in love with the opposite and want to marry them. Just b/c you're bi, curious, or experimenting in college doesn't mean that you're automatically going to marry someone of the same gender.

14. Biguyjosh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would tend to agree. I've met more horny girls then guys

Destin likes this.
  15. earthguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There all some people that reject the term bisexual and rather not call them self's anything.

Love4Ever likes this.
  16. tystnad

tystnad Guest

i wouldn't necessarily say the term itself is bisexual erasure - it's a hugely problematic term in itself so there really isn't a point in looking for the "right" way to call it anything because ANY way we call it is damaging to the community (either by making it seem like not being straight is just a choice you make for a brief period of time, OR by using it against a bisexual person who ends up in a hetero relationship - but is no less bi after that). I do agree that most of the people who call themselves this, or take on this role, are likely bisexual and just go back in the closet afterwards (some for more valid reasons than others) but to start policing the way we call this is kind of like telling a bully who calls someone gay for no reason other than to hurt feelings, that the word they're actually looking for is bi. Bisexual erasure is a real problem but this energy might be better directed at times when it actually matters, and not when it is something that will negatively affect anyone who calls themselves this anyway

Silveroot, Mihael and earthguy like this.
  17. earthguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for all your replies. I say your getting sick of me going on about this. I was reading that lot of BUG(bisexual until graduation) were in same sex relationship that went on for few years.

18. TheJack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really? Nice...

Destin likes this.
  19. earthguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There are some bisexuals that prefer one gender over the other. I think that has a lot to do with BUG phenomenon.