1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think of people who say I'm not bisexual anymore

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by earthguy, Sep 18, 2018.

1. earthguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a friend who is a lesbian who told me that she dated a women in her 20s. My friend told me she was talking to the same women few years later and see said claim not to being bisexual anymore.

2. Lexa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That your sexual orientation can't change. That she's probably a 4 or a 5 on the Kinsey Scale and as a result thinks the label lesbian fits better.

3. earthguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The woman my friend was in a relationship with does not consider herself a lesbian ether she in her 30s and is married with kids.

4. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sexual orientation is fluid: for example, mine has shifted with time. I went from bi to pretty much gay to bi again; I always preferred men, but there was a period of my life when I just didn't find women attractive at all, but then I got curious again.

5. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This. You don't stop being bi. I'm a bisexual who is seriously wondering whether I will bother pursuing a lot of men in the future because I don't meet many I like. But I'm still bi because I am still attracted to them. I can't just turn that off. I will always be capable of being aroused by men. A bisexual can choose who they date but that does not change their orientation.

#5 Love4Ever, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  6. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm married to a woman and still like men I'm still bisexual I cant just turn that off just because I'm with my wife doesn't change who I am

7. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Either:

1. She decided to drop the bi because she is in a same sex relationship. Which is dumb because she's still bi.

2. Whether she had dated both sexes in her life or just one, her current relationship made her realize her attraction to whatever sex is so much stronger than her attraction to the other sex that the bi label doesn't accurately fit her.

8. earthguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The woman I talking about is in a street relationship with her husband and is married with kids. It sounds like she was a "bisexual until graduation" all do they were not in college.

9. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sexual orientation is fluid. It can change over time.

There was a time I identified as bi...now I don’t. I’m not still bi, I’m gay.

This isn’t bi erause or being biphobic. It’s the simple fact of a person’s sexuality can change over time, it’s fluid. If someone identifies as bi but then realizes they’re not...good for them for finding themselves.

Not to mention, people experiment a LOT in their 20s.

10. earthguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Chierro I have heard stories about that before online at times I find it interesting.

11. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That sexual orientation is fluid or that experimentation happens?

12. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think he's asking how someone can go from bisexual to gay, or bisexual to straight.

13. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find it pretty astonishing the number of people who are willingly to so blithely dismiss the idea that a person might know more about their own attractions and feelings than some rando on the internet...

14. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's not too complicated. When I was a teenager, I thought I was attracted to girls. Evidently, I'm not. I can realize the subjective beauty of a woman without being sexually attracted to her. There is no part of me that feels even the slightest bit attracted to a woman. I'm gay, not bi. It just took me some time to realize that, but for some time that's how I identified and came out to people.

As for bisexual to straight, don't really have experience with that personally, so I can't say. I have hooked up with straight guys who wanted to experiment, though. We did some pretty gay stuff, but they realized that it wasn't for them. They appreciated the experience, don't regret it, but it wasn't for them, simple. Their experimenting doesn't make them any less "straight." At the same time, I have a friend who regularly hooks up with guys but identifies as straight. It's his identity, not mine to decide.

Honestly, same. It draws to mind when people say that being [insert any sexual orientation or anything that isn't the norm] is "just a phase." It's essentially, "Oh, you're not gay/straight because you previously said you're bi."

The only person who knows their identity is the person. If someone says that they are no longer bisexual, if they say they no longer feel attracted to one gender, that's not something up for debate. Literally, just accept their identity. They know. You don't.

15. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It depends. Some people come out as bisexual and later come out as gay. In that case I think they were always gay but it’s just easier for them to come out as bi. If they first say they’re bi but later recant and say they’re straight I think they’re lying. I think there’s just something in there life that is making them suppress themselves.

#15 Andrew99, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  16. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    LOLLLLL, best comment yet :ok_hand:

17. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm bisexual. I first came out as lesbian, then later changed it to bisexual, because I'm actually primarily attracted to men. But I don't disregard my attraction to women, and though I've only ever been in a relationship with two women, I'm still bisexual. It's not something you can turn on and off as you please. If you're attracted to both sexes, no matter to what degree, or which way you lean (more gay or more straight), you're still bisexual. So perhaps she just went through another questioning phase which made her less secure in her sexual orientation, and has decided to stop referring to herself as bisexual because she's found someone (possibly of the opposite gender) who she feels so strongly for. Even then, she'll always be bisexual. Maybe just not to the same degree as previously (Believe me, I went through a lot of ups and downs regarding my sexual orientation journey of self discovery). So in short: You can't just "stop" being bisexual. It's not a switch you can just turn off