1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The worst of both worlds

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by fadedstar, Sep 15, 2018.

1. fadedstar

fadedstar Guest

On one hand I'm still apparently "young" "with plenty to live for" according to older members of this forum. In many ways I'm immature for my age (27) I still rely on my parents for financial support, never had a job and never been in a relationship or had sex. A lot of the younger people here seem to already be sexually active and exploring relationships. On the other hand I can see that I am less of a priority than a teen or someone in their early 20s because they are still in their physical prime and really do still have a lot to live for. But I lack many of the formative experiences that would make me better able to cope as a "later in life" person and take care of myself. Like having a part time job as a teen to get me on the employment ladder/have money saved up etc. It also seems like a lot of the 'later in life' crowd here have at least experienced some form of romantic relationship in their past even if ultimately it turns out not to be what they really wanted. I just feel so lost and alienated. I'm completely adrift in life. Merely existing has become unbearable, I'm desperate to get out of this situation but I don't know how. I just feel trapped. Every path seems blocked besides a few that don't really appeal to me. It all looks hopeless from my perspective. I don't know if this incoherent rambling is going to make much sense to anyone.. probably not.

#1 fadedstar, Sep 15, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2018
  2. justaguyinsf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If I were you I would focus on becoming financially self-supporting, and I would direct most of my energy in that direction. The relationship stuff will probably follow naturally from that. Your perceptions about being past your "physical prime" at 27 or the importance of that are wildly inaccurate.

You need income that is sufficient to be pay for your expenses. I don't see how having or not having a part-time job as a teenager is relevant at this point.

You mention unappealing options, but it sounds like they might be more appealing than your current circumstances.

As the saying goes ... Just do it!

mnguy and Totesgaybrah like this.
  3. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go to bed tonight, and start afresh tomorrow. It's a new day and a new beginning . Do something that would make you happier or feel a bit better. It could a walk, run or read a book. Doing something you enjoy will encourage your positive energy . I have really low days at times but I stay positive at all times. When I feel low I go for a run and then I'm on top of the world..
    Why not join your local LGBT community and make some new friends, you will feel so much better.
    You have loads of time for sex and relationship and you never know it could come sooner than you think!!
    Perhaps do some voluntary work that's a good way into paid work..
    Positivity is the answer in my opinion, we are all on a journey and we will all get somewhere eventually....
    Rade

Drizzle likes this.
  4. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just wanted to chime in that I am 21 myself, so to me you are in no way old. I feel so lonely too. I just have to keep hoping one day I will find my prince/princess.

5. fadedstar

fadedstar Guest

I don't think anyone would want to fuck me any way even if I had my life together, I'm so ugly, maybe I should just offer my virgin body up to the most disgusting, overweight old weirdo and then hang myself.

6. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello
    Getting your life together in my humble opinion is way more important than looking for sex. I can tell life is really difficult for you right now. I believe you have to love yourself before you can love anyone else. You need to empower yourself. Did you do something today to make yourself happy? I think that's really important. It might be worth talking to your GP about how you feel and also request counselling. Exercise really helps believe me even if it's a brisk walk.
    I've not had it easy I lost the sight in one eye at age 17 and the other eye is bad, but I get on with life even though it's challenging and I got off at the wrong train station in the dark! Who cares.....I like a challenge..
    Please seek some help...we are all here for you and want you to feel better.
    Rade XX

7. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry you're feeling so lost and hopeless. Can I ask why not get a part time job? At least it would be something different to do, make some money and maybe meet some new friends. Are you seeing a mental health professional and if not, why? The hardest part of that for me was making the call, but once I got started it was helpful. It didn't solve everything, but it was great having a real life person to talk openly with. How about talking with your parents or others? The longer you wait the harder it gets at least for me and having been doing this for about twenty years. You're definitely not too old for anything. I hope you can hang in there, keep talking with people and find some positive steps to improve, take care!

Nickw likes this.
  8. fadedstar

fadedstar Guest

Both my biological parents are self absorbed alcoholics who take everything personally. There are no others. Please don't take this as me throwing your concern back in your face.

#8 fadedstar, Sep 16, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2018
  9. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. You deserve better. To get there it will take some effort but it is possible. My gentle suggestion is to seek out some Al-Anon meetings or similar support group.

10. smurf

One of the things that is super helpful is to just start doing SOMETHING.

There are pathways that are there. Even if they are not appealing do them for the sake of doing something. Keep trying. But you cannot just sit there until the perfect answer comes your way. You must start moving.

What are the other pathways that you are seeing?

This is a tricky one, but don't set your self-wroth based on who will fuck you.

Lets pretend you are right, no one will ever fuck you ever. You are still worthy of being here, being happy and having a good life! Life isn't about getting fucked or hoping someone loves us. Is about friends, helping each other out, challenging ourselves to do new things. Fuck if my worth is based on someone else finding me attractive.

Shit is tough, life is unfair, and we still have to keep moving. Try something. Anything