1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How should i explain same-sex love for my friend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Vega222, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi,

I have an Internet friend, She's about 20 and She's not very experienced. She knows i'm gay, Because i told her, A few months ago.

She isn't an actual religious muslim, But she's somehow like them practically. I mean she's completely new to these things. Gays or Transgenders appears to be strange for her.

But those feelings are not intentional and she's nice to me. She appears to be curious though. She asked the questions like she almost knows nothing about homosexuals. I tried to explain to her who i am, what i like, how is love for gays. But i think i have much limitations. She's too shy and I do know she doesn't like it if i try to explain for her. Anyway, She doesn't know most basic things about homosexual people and i don't know how should i tell her.

So, How exactly can i explain to her? Specially, How can i make love between two guys understandable and imaginable for her? Yeah, It can be quite incomprehensible for some people, When they've grown up and learned love is just something between a boy and a girl.

2. skittlz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try starting with what same sex love generally have in common with heterosexual love:

“Loving a guy when you’re a girl consists of loving his personality, appearance, etc. Loving a guy and as a guy consists of those things too.”

Tell her to imagine a heterosexual romance: What they do together, how they feel about eachother. And then tell her to reimagine the girl having the appearance of a guy. Sure, heterosexual relationships are more likely to have traditional gender role dynamics, which same sex relationships often subvert. But it’s a starting point.

From there, you could point out some overall differences in relationship-dynamics, etc.

Love4Ever, Vega222 and Chiroptera like this.
  3. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's nice that she is curious, because she is probably open for explanations and learning more!

I think you could start like skittlz suggested. Or maybe say it like "It's exactly the same like heterosexual love/relationships, it just happens that the people involved are of the same gender. Some people like to go to the cinema together, other go to parties, other prefer to stay at home. Most couples like to kiss, have sex, talk to each other, have fun... just like heterosexual couples! It's not like we have a big secret or something different we hide. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: "

Love4Ever and Vega222 like this.
  4. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I basically would just her it's the same as loving someone of the opposite sex. The attraction, the feelings, the love, the sex, you can do everything a straight couple does. I have always found this baffling. A person is a person. We all have the same basic needs and there are multiple ways those can be satisfied. Just the way someone who is attracted to members of the opposite sex have preferences so can gay people.

Vega222 likes this.
  5. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I told her about the father of the computer science and suggested her to watch The Imitation Game movie.

beenthrdonetht and Love4Ever like this.