1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parent Problems

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Kayla123, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Kayla123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, I don't know what to do or feel anymore. I'm kinda angry and kinda happy because my parents are stupid. A few weeks ago, I came out to my my mom as transgender, I had gotten my phone taken away and my parents had read through my texts with my girlfriend (btw I'm bisexual aswell but they don't know that) about coming out to my parents, though I never used the word transgender in my texts about coming out so my mom already knew something was up.
    After I told my mom, my dad kept on asking her what was going on because he was "worried." So eventually my mom told my dad that I "was 'feeling' like a girl" ('feeling' not 'am', already showing her not being fully supportive) and he came down to my room to basically tell me that my friends were workers of satan and I was going to go to hell if I followed this path (screw him though). Anyways, he would bother me every now and again saying that "I love you son, remember, God made you perfect" and other crap like that, I just ignored him though. A few times during that week when I told my mom and all that stuff happened, my mom would use pronouns like "he" when talking about me, and i would correct her later and she would not neccesarily say sorry, but she kinda would in a wierd way.
    So, a few weeks later, my mom has gone back to using "he" and my parents act like it was a phase or it never happened, and I hate it because I can't be myself, but I kinda don't know because my dad isn't pestering me anymore. What should I do, I don't want my dad pestering me, but I want to say something, I've looked up things and what they say the most is to show your parents the meaning of it and stuff, but my dad won't care, he's a hardcore Christian and he'll just say I'm gonna go to hell and probably take away my phone and yell at me when I go to hang out with my friends. Can anyone please help me, I don't know what to do. But ok, I'm finally done, that was nice to get out, if you've read this whole thing, I thank you for taking the time to listen to my problems, seriously, thanks.

Robishere likes this.
  2. RavenK

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not the best as giving advice but I do know that even writing helps. I want you to know that I, and hundreds of others, are here for you. I recommend you find a support group online. :thumbsup:

skittlz likes this.
  3. Bardic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm afraid I can't say I know what it's like to deal with religious or LGBTQ-phobic parents, and I can't give you a magic potion that'll solve all your problems.

All I can do is be someone who listens and tells you that you're not crazy and lets you be yourself and finds cool things we can talk about every now and then that aren't your problems, and listens to you talk about girly stuff if you want to even if I find it more boring than a bag of rocks.

If you ever want to talk, then don't hesitate to contact me and I'll do what I can. Unfortunately we can't PM since we're not full members, but there's no reason we can't just reply to each other's posts.

4. skittlz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your situation sounds really stressful!
    BTW, I commend you for coming out, that takes a lot of courage :grin:

From what I understand, you are wondering if it is effective/worth it to speak up to your parents again. From what you said, I don’t think speaking up to your parents will make them support you for who you are. To me, they seem pretty set in their ways, and you may feel even more frustrated. However, letting yourself speak up allows you to be true to yourself, which in itself (regardless of acceptance), is very important. What you choose to say or not say is up to you, just keep your physical and emotional safety in mind. What feels comfortable to you? I don’t have any specific advice to give, as I don’t have the personal experience, but I’m sure you can find a support group particularly for those who are transgender, who can help you arrive at a decision.

Either way, A lot of members here on this forum are really nice and understanding, and it’s good that you have friends :slight_smile: I hope you find the support you deserve, at least through this forum and your friends. Feel free to send me a post and we can chat about anything!