1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am afraid I will be single forever

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by mariee, Sep 11, 2018.

1. mariee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am in my mid 20s, but I never had a real relationship, I don't know how it is to feel loved. I don't know how it is to have a gf that will love you, be there for you or take care of you.
    All I had were some dates and lots of unrequited experiences.
    I am sad, because I really want to love and to be loved, but I am afraid that I am one of those people who are designed to be forever alone.

2. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel the same. I'm twenty one and never dated, never been kissed, anything. I feel really lonely a lot of the time. It was part of why coming out was important to me. I can't change being lonely, but I could at least be honest about my attractions. I also would just love some nice supportive friends irl. My closest friend is a from a homophobic Christian family, so yeah, coming out to her and getting support? Not an option. I'm not out to anyone else but my sister who is my real best friend and my mom. I really want to date but I just don't know what to do.

3. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I also fear being alone forever. I'm not someone who would be happy single forever so I really don't want to be alone when I'm old. It does worry me.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Sometimes, it takes a while until one finds the right one, or the person with whom it clicks, and something develops. Going on dates, and while it can be at times frustrating, is a great way of getting to know people, what you would like to see in someone, as well as yourself. All that information that you gain, will only help you in finding the person that will complete you, and vice versa.

If at all possible, try not to go into it with possibly ending up being 'forever alone,' because the chances are that you will only defeat yourself. While it is a cliche, sometimes the best relationship starts being built during the most unexpected time. :slight_smile:

Jax12 likes this.
  5. Bardic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As much as relationships are nice (well, maybe, I've never had one so I don't know) there's no reason that they're the only relationship where you can find love and support.
    Personally, I have some very close friends who are like a second (really more of a first) family to me, and while I think a romantic relationship would be nice, I have everything I need from them.

I'd encourage you to try simply making friends, or better yet, just establishing connections without any kind of label. See if you can meet people who click with you and... Well, you can worry what happens later from there.
    In fact, I find that meeting people is good for whenever someone's in a rut. People have such diverse experiences and personalities and they can show you a whole new way to look at the world, so even if you don't get a friend out of it, you could learn something new!
    Just don't put up with toxic people, of course. I mean, it worked out for me, but it's not worth the risk. If someone makes you feel bad, then leave and move on.

Of course, that's all well and good, but meeting people isn't very easy. I have to admit I can't give you any advice you probably haven't heard before: try and join interest groups, go to events, try striking up conversations when you're out and about...
    I won't lie--none of it's easy. But I promise that the world won't end if you get into one or two awkward conversations.

That's my two cents, anyway. Hopefully it'll buy you something.

DragonBoys and skittlz like this.
  6. notaprincess06

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hey! Well, first of all you're the first person from this neck of the woods that I see here so welcome!

Secondly, your needs and feelings are absolutely valid and I am sorry to hear about the unrequited part, that's always going to make things worse, especially when you have no positive experiences to counter it, I know that personally. However, I don't think you're meant to be forever alone, hard as it may be to believe and the fact that you did go on some dates is already a positive thing that you have to just continue trying to do. Hey, I don't even know any gay people.

7. lookingup9

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I fear the same thing, I am going on 21 and I've also never been in a romantic relationship. I was hoping that was going to change soon because there was a girl I liked who's bi but I just found out she's not single lol.

I've liked some people who haven't liked me back, and I've had a couple people be interested in me but I wasn't interested in them and I couldn't force it. I'm just wondering when I'm gonna make an actual connection. I'm really insecure that if I ever do start dating someone, I'm gonna be really awkward and not good enough because I'm so inexperienced. I don't know how some people have dating since their early teens.

8. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In a guy ..but if I could I would give you all a big hug XX
    It's only my humble opinion but I'm learning to love myself and find some frufrie in the LGBT community and hope eventually somone will come along. ...I know it's not great waiting.....❤️

DirectionNorth likes this.
  9. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I meant friends, stupid phone!!!

DirectionNorth likes this.
  10. Silver Snow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If I didn’t know any better, I’d think my sister typed this. Literally the words from her mouth that I’ve heard countless times. Now here I am, halfway across the country from home, spending the night at HER friends house, while she sleeps with a guy she just met. My advice, don’t be my sister. You will find love, and you will be in a happy relationship. But never settle or jump on the first person who shows you attention. That’s not real love. It’s not uncommon to feel this way, as you can tell by the other posts, but that doesn’t mean its true.

11. mariee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you everyone for your messages. I am really trying to enjoy the single life, but this has been basically my entire life.
    I want to love and be loved. I understand the love yourself part, but I want to be loved by a girl so bad

12. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Hey I can totally sympathise. I had never been on a date, had a kiss or anything until I was in my mid to late 20's. I like you thought I would never find anyone or know what it was like. It's ok to feel sad about it but you have to try not to let it overwhelm you. Just because you haven't previously been successful doesn't mean you won't be next time. Rejection is horrible but I promise it will be worth it when you find the right person.

13. mariee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am thinking everyday at my dream of loving and to be loved, I fantasize of kissing, touching and taking care of my girl. I don't even think about sex, it's this romantic and caring connection that I crave.
    If I had a girl right now, I would kiss her all day long.

earthguy, DragonBoys and Love4Ever like this.
  14. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel this way too. I often think about holding a girl's hand and walking around places with her, opening doors for her, pulling out her chair, all that cliche stuff if she would let me lol. I think about kissing her and wrapping my arms around her waist. I just want to love her and make her feel loved...

DragonBoys likes this.
  15. mariee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I dream everyday about this. I try to go out as much as I can, but I still get awkward around people, like I don't know how to make new friends.
    I think I will remain single because our community is small and it's hard to find someone.
    As much as I offer love, I also want my girl to love me and take care of me.
    It's my biggest wish to meet my soulmate. I think about her every day

DragonBoys and Love4Ever like this.
  16. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Me too. Honesty, If we were close, I'd say we should date each other lol.

17. mariee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha, I had an attempt of trying online dating, but I do prefer that connection when you see and touch the girl you like.
    You seem like a good girl, hopefully we will both find someone soon

Love4Ever likes this.
  18. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey good for you! I have never dated at all so you're braver than me. Online dating does feel really daunting to me. Especially as someone new to dating. But meeting women is so hard.

19. mariee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I used the app called Her, but I didn't do more than a like here and there and some messages, I just prefer the real life connection.
    I now have a crush on someone that's 95% straight, but I am open to meet and date

Love4Ever likes this.
  20. Nickos

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can relate so much to that... We all desperately need to love and be loved. The thing I try to remember myself when I'm ''sober'' from these feelings is that in case nobody comes in the end, I should, no matter what, make a life worth living for myself by myself...

Because as cruel as it might look we only truly have ourselves in this world... It's sad and it's frustrating and ''unfair'' but one day my brain just flipped and I thought ''I need a ''hero'', someone special in my life but if he/she won't come anytime soon or at all then I will be my own stupid hero and I will keep going not for anyone else but for me, because I'm me, I've been through tough times and I deserve to be happy,''.

I truly try to make this though a mantra to keep me going... Sometimes we just need to surpass our limit, evovle, in order to find peace with reality and don't dwell on sadness.

I know it's tough, I know it hurts, but life gives you some really unexpected things sometimes... We just have to stay around and find out.

Melancholy, DragonBoys and Love4Ever like this.