1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for friends :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Alex916, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Alex916

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Im Hayden, 21 years old and almost graduated from college. I'd love to make friends who are LGBT and have similar interests.

If you like talking about adorable pets (I have a kitten who's a goofball and I adore hearing about other pets), biology, games (Pokemon, Stardew Valley, Spyro), your art (or mine but i LOVE admiring other people's art!), everyday things, literally ANYTHING lgbt, plants/gardening, or perhaps DRAGONS I LOVE DRAGONS, I would enjoy talking with you! I also love hearing about other people's passions, even if I'm not directly interested, I can listen to someone talk about their favorite thing for HOURS, its so cool to hear someone tell me about things that they enjoy! Seriously if you send me ten paragraphs about labyrinths or whatever you like, I'll devour the knowledge, and offer you ten paragraphs about mitochondrial DNA in return.

I get nervous making contact and sometimes start conversations with pictures/stories of my sweet kitten October (he's a sickly little thing who we picked up off the street but he's getting healthier every day!), or with random facts about biology (ostrich eggs weigh about as much as the human brain, each being about 3 pounds...not sure what you're going to do with that knowledge but um... now that knowledge is yours...) I also haven't figured out this site so I might be slow to PMs if those exist on EmptyClosets.

Anyways hope everyone who sees this has a nice day! If you want to try being friends let me know!

2. Shell87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi and welcome!

Who doesn't love kittens .
    I have 2 rescue cats both just over a year old. Always upto mischief!

Empty Closets is a great forum, I am sure you will find what you are looking for.

3. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey and welcome!

PMs exist, but you have to be Full Members to exchange PMs (you can apply for Full Membership after a few weeks via a simple form). :slight_smile: It's just a security precaution we have here because of our young membership. In the meantime everyone is able to write on each people's profile walls (Facebook style). :slight_smile:

Hope you find the website fun and helpful! Gotta love Stardew Valley.

4. Bardic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi! I'm Bardic, and I'm really new here. I know it's been a while since you posted, but hopefully you're still happy to hear from new people.

I love to sing, I'm obsessed with logic and language, and I spend a lot of my spare time turning yarn into blankets.

It sounds like we have quite a bit in common.
    I love Pokemon, too, and my favourite starter is Bulbasaur (with Chikorita as a cloooose second), and I love heaps of other games besides Pokemon (I got a PS1 emulator just to play Spyro, a N64 emulator just to play Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie, a Gamecube eumlator just to play Super Mario Sunshine...)
    I grew up with cats, so I'm happy to talk about kittens. I don't have any kittens, but I still have one of the cats I grew up with and I also have a couple of pet rats who're always getting into trouble.
    I love biology. I found it started to get hard for me to learn because it triggered gender dysphoria, but that's not so much of a problem now, so maybe I'll get back into it. I'm particularly interested in evolution and genetics, and I've been wanting to make a long YouTube video that's basically a crash course on evolution for laypeople and a debunk of all the creationist claims about evolution all in one place.
    I like dragons (I mean, who doesn't), and I'm currently working on writing what will (hopefully, maybe, one day) be a novel about LGBTQ dragons (which won't be as gimmicky as it sounds, I promise).
    And I'm turning 20 next week, so we're also pretty close in age, which doesn't really matter since it's the internet, but, personally, I wish I knew more people my age, so I think it's a nice bonus.

I really like your passion for learning. I used to be a lot like that, but then... I don't know, I had a lot of issues with depression and anxiety, and I had to deal with constant demands from school. I guess learning became more of a pragmatic thing for me. It would be awesome if I could learn to learn things for the sake of it again.

Anyway, basically I'm saying that I think we'll get along.