1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like I'm getting better

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DragonBoys, Sep 11, 2018.

1. DragonBoys

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel like I'm mentally recovering a lot better from my heart breaking and my hopes and dreams being crushed from last year when the person I was in love with told me she didn't feel the same. Since then, my feelings for her had died down considerably because I managed to be honest with myself and know that it wouldn't work out between us. I also don't feel that crippling anxiety that has nearly caused me to hyperventilate and do something rash in order to meet someone new. I feel more relaxed now, like it's easy for me to socialize. Yet, I still have these intrusive thoughts connected to limerance, like I'm still fretting over being validated by being in a relationship with someone else. To be honest, it bothers me a little bit to this day to know that teenagers and people my age are finding love and make it look so easy, but for the most part, I've been successfully keeping these intrusive thoughts at bay and distracting myself with video games. In fact, I just got back into the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on Master Mode!

And I received tons of support from my own social circle, on Facebook, text messaging, tumblr, and even right here on EC! I'm very grateful to have friends who care, and I wish that North American culture could put more emphasis on platonic relationships instead of romantic (because the reverse is toxic and most likely exacerbated my depression and anxiety). It's gonna be a little while to recovery, especially as I try to kinda accept and forget the fact that my two crushes are essentially taken within the same damn two weeks. I need to put less pressure on myself to find a life partner and more emphasis on just doing what I love to do, playing the games, making the art, writing the fanfiction, being the nerd that is truly me. It's gonna be tough, but I'm starting to get back on my feet.

2. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, that's really great. I'm still struggling with my LO. But whenever I think of him i just imagine a forcefield between us and mentally tell him to get out of my head. Keep finding ways to distract yourself. i really love singing but my walls are so thin and everyone can hear everything. My roommate recently moved out and I've been singing like a cancer lol. It helps.