1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when did you discover you weren't cis?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by The1nkling, Sep 11, 2018.

1. The1nkling

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've heard a lot of people say they knew from a very young age. Honestly, this makes me feel a little invalid because I didn't discover my true gender until 9th grade. I know there are no requirements to being trans and I know we shouldn't gatekeep, but it does make me doubt myself just a little. So I want to know, when did you discover your non-cis identity?

2. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was nearly 15 but looking back a lot of what I felt and thought was me struggling with not being a girl. I didn’t know though, had no idea at all and if I’d continued on not knowing that trans people exist I probably would have carried on trying to be the daughter my family thinks I am.

3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My earliest memories of having dysphoria started at around eleven years old. I was fifteen when I started questioning my gender and found the term "transgender." I was sixteen when I accepted myself and first came out (to a teacher at school and one of my brothers). I was seventeen when I came out to my parents. And nineteen when I came out publicly and started transitioning. It's a long road of self discovery sometimes. I have heard people saying they knew they were trans as early as five years old, and as late as their fourties. Though most commonly I hear that people figured it out during their adolescent years. Though, It is never too early or too late to know. You're valid either way.

4. Nicholas7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I mean I am 20 and if I had to live the life as a women I wouldn’t mind but do I want it?

I love being a man and having a penis and being hairy and having a beard (I can’t live without hair on my face lol). But here’s the point one morning I was sitting down and the thought of being a women crossed my mind and I couldn’t stop thinking about it. But the thing is, i loved myself and also loved being a man so I new I wasn’t trans. You can know at any age to be honest just because you don’t hate to be one gender does not mean you are trans. If anything other then a male I label myself as gender fluid but I don’t know hope this helps.

5. DreamerAsh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I knew at 8th grade, but I'd say that during elementary school I pretty much had no clue that I was born female, until everyone suddenly tried to make me be "a lady" which basically meant doing nothing fun. But, after that I briefly accepted that I would have to be female. So, I went 7 years after that being female, but it never really fit. I took zero interest in female things, gradually I became so masculine, that I began to think that I wanted to live the full life of a male, culturally and socially. But, I didn't use the proper term until around my senior year of highschool now, as I'm fairly new at being out. So, I'd say that I knew at 8, but I became comfortable with myself at 13, and fully accepted myself and came out at 17. But, it's different for everyone. I'm sure, if we all looked back to younger ages we'd see the signs, though.

6. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Since I could formulate proper thoughts I've had a feeling something was off, but it wasn't until my first year of university that I realized I wasn't cis

7. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    literally everyone is different. I knew that I was different at age 6. I knew I wasn't like my sister, and I wasn't like my brothers, but I was more like my sister than my brothers. AMAB.

8. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I always knew something was off but not what or why. Periodic clues, like wanting and daydreaming of having boy parts down there. Wanting to wear their clothes and being upset that i wasn't allowed because i was a girl and those were boys clothes. But it wasn't until around 20 when i came on here to figure out my sexuality, and learned about transgender people, that i was able to explore myself. But i prioritized my sexuality, so it wasn't until around 21. Even now i think for me gender euphoria is a more stable sign than dysphoria because between taht and depressiion/axniety i am very used to feeling badly.

9. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can’t pinpoint a specific moment. It was rather a gradual increase of understanding. Gender began to matter at puberty and that’s when I saw I was different.

10. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I knew that ideas different as a kid, but I just went with the flow of things. When I was older, I always wore what could be considered as masculine women's clothing I guess. It was around that time I started to ask myself why I did this. I realized that I hated dressing formal because I had to figure out what I could wear and still feel comfortable in. It was not until college that I really began to question my gender and how I felt about my gender.