1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone else wish they were cute?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fadedstar, Sep 8, 2018.

1. fadedstar

fadedstar Guest

I can't pull off acting "cute" it seems. I don't have the right features. I think if I acted like I felt then people would look at me like I was tragic or broken (which I kind of am.) I'm actually really jealous of cute people. I wear clothes that are frumpy, understated or not my natural style because I'm scared to experiment and try new things. I almost feel like don't have a right to feel good about my body because of the way my face is structured. Maybe that's a weird way to look at it, I don't know... The disconnect between how I feel on the inside and what I look like just seems so massive sometimes. I hate it when people look at me because I just assume they're giving me a negative evaluation.

2. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wouldn’t say cute, but I always wished I was more handsome and had a better body. I always assumed that I was being teased if someone seemed attracted to me. I’ve mostly grown out of that, but I still would like to change some things

3. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wish I was cuter too. I feel like there are many girls with nicer facial features than me. I also feel you about not being confident enough to change your style. I wear very typical "straight girl" clothes when I really want to rock a more masculine edgy style. I envy girls who look so tomboyish and put together.

4. Mark28277

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have been around a long time and everyone has their own definition of "cute". Someone that is super HOT could like someone who we think is not cute at all. Its all what they perceive "cute" to be.

5. smurf

So I think most humans are ugly. Including myself.

We are just one ugly group of people. And that is okay! You still deserve to feel loved, respected and taken care of. You should still look your best, take care of your persona, and go out and kick ass. You will still find someone to love you, you will find people who want to be with you, and our looks don't define us.

The problem is not that we think we are ugly. The problem is that we think that ugly people don't deserve good things :slight_smile:

Based on your other posts thing might be hard for you, but I would actually invite you to watch the Netflix show called "Queer Eye". Yes, its campy as hell, but they do an amazing job at teaching the concept of taking care of yourself, not because you are the hottest thing around, but because you as a person are worth it!

Try new things. Pick the clothes you want, get a good haircut, do things that make you feel better. And know that even if you aren't the cutest, you are still worth everything and you deserve to be as happy as anyone else!

6. fadedstar

fadedstar Guest

Logically I know I should take care of myself but emotionally it's sometimes difficult. I do struggle a lot with self care, self love, self acceptance etc.

7. smurf

Yep, I hear you. Its hard putting yourself out there let alone having enough energy to actually do it.

This is hard so I can only give you advice on what worked on me. I have struggled, and still struggle, with self-acceptance, but the trick is to keep moving. To take little steps as you dare.

So what is something small, that won't change everything, but that is something that you have been wanting to do but haven't out of fear/feeling silly/ thinking it won't be worth it, etc.