1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im at a crossroads...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Emilya, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Emilya

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi everyone! My name is emilya, and i am sort of trans. What i mean by that is that i have not socially transitioned yet. So, on to my point.

About 3 months ago, school got out, and a lot of my friends left me, and im stuck in highschool. I dont have anyone at all to talk with about this currently, so thats part of my reason behind starting to post on here again. It gets pretty lonely on my own out here

I just feel so confused and depressed currently. Everywhere I look, I see people putting down trans individuals and lovely people like all of you guys! I just... dont know if its at all worth it to suffer ridicule for what i dont even know will make me happy, and could end up costing me exorbitant amounts of money.

Any advice lovelies? <3
    Emilya

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does your school have a (guidance) counselor or any teachers you feel comfortable enough to talk to about this?

3. Emilya

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have had a therapist for over a year, but everytime she brings this up, I completely shut down. I can't seem to talk about it with anyone except over text, so what hope is there for actually transitioning if I cant even talk about it.

4. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've heard of online therapy for LGBT+ people, https://www.pridecounseling.com/, it's a bit expensive, but you can "downgrade" to a maintenance plan for $99/month.

If you get the regular plans, they offer video calls, live chat and phone calls, or you can just text them back and forth. They are all legally licensed therapists too. If you just want to text them, I do recommend downgrading to the maintenance plan.

5. eden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had these same feelings. I learned that for me, my letting it fester over time, it ended up ruining my health and causing me to resign from a wonderful job. I could only bury it for 28 years. I knew I was supposed to be assigned female when I was six years old. At least I earned my degree since then. Now that I've come out, first as genderfluid, then nonbinary, then full on HRT, transgirl, living as a woman for the past two years, coming out has turned into the worst case scenario horror show I could have expected. I actually have to laugh at how cruel people have been to me. And I dress well, I'm a pretty extra girl with fancy-pants tastes. I save my money and shop at nice clothing stores. I handwash my clothes and make them last. Nicely made and cut girls' clothes are expensive.

That said, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I get to be the girl I always knew I was. I always dreamed of doing certiain small benign things - things cisgender girls might take for granted, or think are insignificant. I'd never worn a tank top in my life - always disliked them. Now I wear sports bras with three straps on each side with a camisole on top and feel like the sexiest girl. I got compliments tonight on my tunic and my highlighter (Stila's Transcendance).

If you need to talk about something, we're here. I wish there were more of us around here, but I try to log on when I can. I need support pretty badly, myself. Every day is a struggle. Like you all don't know.

Warm regards. Welcome back. :slight_smile: