1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have accepted the fact that I am trans

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kaoru Kat, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Kaoru Kat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out at 15 or 16 but was pushed back in the closet by very upset parents. I have been to conversion therapy and been through a lot of drama since then. I'm turning 21 in a few weeks and I am coming out to everyone soon about being a trans man. I have a teacher that calls me by my preferred name and pronouns because he is an LGBT activist.

I honestly have been extremely lonely since coming out. I'm not going to lie. Hell, I even felt extremely lonely while in the closet.

My family is very closed minded, narcissistic, and Christian so they have been working hard to stress me out to the point of not being true to myself. I refuse to live my life trying to please them. I felt so depressed when I was doing conversion therapy. I don't want to go back to that.

Being trans is hard in this conservative close minded hell hole.

I'm just taking this one day at a time...

2. DreamerAsh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good for you, making it back to your true self after all that!! And yes, it is difficult..I'm in a similar situation..I found that finding another trans person to connect with, really helps heal the hurt and loneliness. One day at a time, that's a good way to go about it!!

Wishing you luck on your journey~

3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, and welcome to the forum. Self acceptance is a huge first step, so congratulations! Keep focusing on making it one day at a time, and you will get there.

I too came from a Christian family (from Tennessee as well). When I came out to them at 16-17, they put me in the closest thing to conversion therapy they could find and shoved me back in the closet. Two years later I came out to the world, and my family disowned me. Today, I'm 20 years old, I'm on T and have a surgery date. The friends that are in my life now accept me completely as male. It feels like the wait is forever, but when things start happening - they can happen quickly. Hang in there brother. You will get there.

If you ever need someone to talk to or if you have any questions, you can feel free to message me. All the best.