1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Trans Enough

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ken867, Sep 3, 2018.

1. ken867

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lately, my gender dysphoria has been fluctuating like crazy. Because of that I often feel like I'm not trans enough or like my gender identity isn't valid. I feel like if I ever express my fluctuating dysphoria to others Ill be called out for being "fake" or "not real".

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's normal for dysphoria to fluctuate. I remember how much it fluctuated when I was pre-T and since I've been on hormones for a few months, it goes up and down. Sometimes it moves to a new area or is stronger based on your situation. For example, when people are waiting to get on HRT or waiting for surgery often their dysphoria is increased. I'm not sure why that is, but I know since my top surgery has a date (next year) it's almost all I can think about. There is no such thing as being trans enough. Everyone goes through a unique journey on their transitions. You are valid.

Touzokou Ryou and ken867 like this.
  3. e6000

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In my opinion, it's not the dysphoria that makes you trans, it's the euphoria. If the way you identify is what makes you comfortable, then that's that, and no one else gets to tell you how you feel.

#3 e6000, Sep 4, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some have very little to no dysphoria some have soul crushing dysphoria. Others are in between. It's not a prerequisite to be trans to have dysphoria. You're you and the only one who can define you is you.

Touzokou Ryou likes this.
  5. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is no such thing as not "trans enough." I don't know who throws these terms around. You are trans and you are valid. It is normal for your feelings of dysphoria to flucuate. I've been on hormones for 7 months now, I still experience dysphoria once in awhile. My best advice is stop, take a deep breath, and do something to soothe yourself (listen to music, write, read, etc.). You are valid, you are unique, and you are you. And you are trans enough. Don't worry about what other people think, all that matters is at the end of the day is that you are happy with yourself. Take some stock in where you are and realize that you're not alone. Others (including myself) have gone through what you're going through.

ken867 likes this.