1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cis but Wanting to Bind

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ShortyGirl, Sep 3, 2018.

1. ShortyGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi, so I’m a cis female but I want to start binding. Honestly I love my boobs. The only thing I hate about them is when I work out. I’m a pretty physical person and my boobs cause me to not be able to breathe as well. I’ve started wrapping them and that’s helped a lot but I’m interested in binding them. If I only bind once a week for no more than an hour would my boobs get smaller? I just need advice in general

2. tystnad

tystnad Guest

binding does not shrink breasts (only appearance while wearing the binder), but can cause some tissue to break down which makes them less sturdy and over time can cause some sagging. it is also not recommend to bind during a workout because it can cause you to overheat and restricts your breathing, even if you buy one specifically made for working out. there is no binding method that is 100% safe and comfortable and for trans people it’s generally a matter of mental health over physical health that makes it worth it regardless. i really would not recommend binding in this situation at all, you would most likely just be putting your health at risk (and most likely wouldn’t feel more comfortable either).

for your purpose, have you thought investing in a good high support sports bra? they’re designed for this purpose specifically (a lot of people experience this problem - breasts just aren’t super comfortable during sports!). unlike binding they will not restrict your breathing, and if you get one that fits properly they do no damage in the long run. if you go to a proper sports store there are usually people who can help you out with finding the right fit for your size and workout plans (an activity like running would require more support than yoga, for example). what sports bras do is limit the movement of your breasts when you move which should take away most of the discomfort you’re experiencing. they’re also made out of breathable material that you can comfortably wear during a workout (unlike most binding methods) and generally are in the same price category (depending on the brand) as the safest binding options. really, they are far superior over binding in every possible way, except in flattening the appearance of your chest, which is not what you’re looking for. safety should always come first so please avoid binding during workouts.

Johnnie2x4 likes this.
  3. Johnnie2x4

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with tystnad: binding while exercising is a very bad idea and wearing a sports bra instead is a better (and safer) option. I also suggest you look into bras made by Nike or Under Armour. They're a little expensive, but they're worth every penny. Trust me. :relaxed: