1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Woo/Hit on Women

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Love4Ever, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I have had a handful of opportunities to hit on women and be hit on, and I really enjoy it. I want to get better at it and do it more, since I have more experience flirting with guys. So I thought, who better to ask than the women of EC? How and what do you like or enjoy when it comes to flirting or being hit on? What makes you more likely to be receptive or what makes you more likely to assume that I am being more than friendly? I am really trying to learn here so feel free to be honest with what you like or don't like.

AnimalBLUE likes this.
  2. Amo616

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I really like physical contact of any kind- hand on shoulder, arm, or hand are always good ones. Also name eye contact and compliment them. Ask them questions about themselves. Ask if they are romantically involved with anyone. These things should, hopefully, send a signal of flirting to them.

Love4Ever and AnimalBLUE like this.
  3. AnimalBLUE

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It all depends who the person is. If you aren’t sure if they are attracted to women it’s makes a real difference than someone who I know is gay or bi etc. Straight women may have boundaries that I try to respect because as I feel uncomfortable when a guy hits on me, they may feel the same. So with a women who I would think is a straight women, I tend to let them make the first move or green light but not that any ever have lol!

With gay or bi women it’s completely different. You already have a potential green light but it doesn’t mean they fancy me of course....it’s more likely they dont lol! I think compliments are good but not too over the top. A smile but not a smile where you come across to cocky or confident! Of course touch is great but this is only when it’s already obvious that you like each other. Showing concern and a passion for what they are about and really seem interested in them. Ask questions about themselves and keep it less about you. Sometimes a sense of humour is good, but that said, it can also put people off if it’s put on too much.

Love4Ever likes this.
  4. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    These are all great suggestions! I have always wanted to touch a woman on the shoulder or arm or something but have always been afraid o do so because I don't want to scare them or offend them. I would really like it, but I guess my worst nightmare would be if the girl was straight and really uncomfortable and got upset at me.

Meander likes this.