1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loneliness

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DreamerAsh, Jul 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DreamerAsh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How to deal with loneliness? When your friends are too busy for you and family demands too much of you. How do you manage not to feel alone? It's difficult, I'm a very social person and lately there's nothing to talk about. I just manage to annoy people with my trans things and I'm unable to say anything very often. I've tried distractions, but there's not much that entertains me lately. I don't know how to deal with the sadness.

2. skittlz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I watch shows of comedians, take quizzes, read random trivia, visit forums, draw ideas, and listen to music for a quick fix. Journaling about my feelings has helped me understand my feelings more and have a better attitude / clear goals in facing my negative emotions. It also never gets tired of whatever I want to express, unlike people lol

You could find more friends too. I personally don’t really know how to do that tho :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    During my time with loneliness I had this forum to fall back on. Even just having one person you can reach out made it better. Other than that all I really had was watching videos online. Movies, comedies, documentaries, anything that interests you. Feeling alone is never easy so you do what feels right for you.

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Could you do some volunteering, or become involved in a community group, where you will meet new people? Most people who volunteer their time have a real passion for doing good and making a difference and they are very positive in the way they approach life. It's something you might get a lot of benefit from.

5. Silveroot

Silveroot Guest

Personally I've benefited from these periods of silence. They can bring stuff to the surface and help you understand your needs better.

Just a different option.

6. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I spend a lot of my time alone, so I can relate. It helps me to distract myself or spend time helping people to get my mind off it. Or even plan a day to just take care of yourself - take yourself out to new environments and do something fun or treat yourself with a nice drink or meal. Try to keep in contact with friends even if you feel there is distance. It never hurts.

7. CentFLGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I listen to music, read, play on my flight sim, video games.. also dont.mind going to the zoo by.myself, the beach, etc. I am comfortable for the times when i am by myself (have to being single!l and i am comfortable during those times. I do have pets so i feel that can really help as well.

Lately, I also work on the house I just bought.. pairing, picture hanging, organizing etc

8. DragonBoys

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I usually just play video games or get pretty chatty on social media just to have someone reach out and maybe start a conversation. Most times, I'll sink back into writing fanfiction and making art, anything really to help employ my mind in other things than pondering on how lonely I am and how much it hurts. This past week was critical for me to realize that since I spend most of my time alone, and I hope you can find some mental peace in all this

9. BrainTrain

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This. We live in a time filled with distractions. It's easy as hell to grab your phone or slip into a different world. I'd like to experience my loneliness more and see what's behind it. We might just learn something about ourselves.

10. redplanet1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    this is a must watch. quite insightful.

11. faultyink

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    write in a journal (sometimes it can be a comfort because you can write anything you like without fear or judgement) or watch documentaries and learn some stuff, or watch your favourite show/youtuber!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.