1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When is an interest in a person considered healthy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DragonBoys, Sep 1, 2018.

1. DragonBoys

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm gonna do my best to explain this: I'm finding that I have a pretty autonomous habit of obsessing over people I like and start to fantasize about dating them seriously which eventually leads to marriage, sex, etc. I've been aware of this problem and quite frankly, it's exhausting because I feel like I pour way too much emotional investment into someone only to have my hopes crushed entirely when they don't reciprocate the feelings if I confess them. Strangely enough, it also happens with online people I really like but haven't really had much communication with lol.

And it gets bad at times to the point where my anxiety prevents me from eating/drinking and even sleeping on time. I just want this to stop. I want to go out and meet new people, make some friends, and just casually get to know others, and if we end up taking it further and dating, then that's ok. I just want the fantasies and the obsessive thoughts and tendencies to stop because I feel like that's the thing that promotes the anxiety, that sets my hopes up to get crushed later, and, honestly, makes me feel desperate for attention and affection. I've been like this for as far as I can remember, yet I don't know what might have caused it to even happen or get as bad as it is now. I think overall that the whole thing is extremely unhealthy for my mental state. Does this make sense?

2. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't worry i can relate heavily. I have maladaptive day dreaming syndrome. Music triggers it. i also have the fantasies as well about people who i feel close to or get attached to, it's called limerance.
    Hope this helps.
    I find it best to distract myself

3. DragonBoys

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey thanks! I've been distracting myself by just thoroughly throwing my entire being back into fanfiction writing, video games, and game making. Holy hell, thank you for bringing the term "limerance" to my attention because it sounds so freakin' relevant omg. How did I go my whole life and not know of this concept? Thanks again!