1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what to do anymore

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jack Lee, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Jack Lee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So about a year ago I started to discover my sexuality, I had no idea that a year from then that I would be out, however it doesn't feel like I am out at home. Home is where all my problems lay. For years growing up I saw my dad hate gay people and my mum saying to him that he shouldn't be homophobic. So I sort of got the idea that I couldn't be gay from around 8. Anyway lets go back to last year, I told my brother I thought he would be super supportive and he wasn't, he said that I will experiment with girls in the future and I will like them. I think he was disappointed in me, but we will go back to him later. So, in February my bubble burst I told everyone my big secret that I was gay to a few friends (at least what I thought I could call my friends) so I told one of my friends my crush, little did I know a few days later she would have leaked my crush out to the whole school and my straight crush , and that straight crush ended up being so horrible to me but that's a whole story for its self. So my secret of being gay was out, I broke down into tears in the lunch hall and everyone started being nice to be because I was in tears. So that obviously damaged my brain, but my brain was already damaged. Before I told those friends who leaked my secrets out , I told some better friends who got me to tell my close close friend group. So I was going to tell my parents, I wrote them a letter and I was gonna give it to them that afternoon because I just couldn't stand not being me. But the morning of the day I was gonna tell them my mum asked if I was gay and I replied yes and she told to give her a hug. I love my mum however I wanted to tell her my self and she asked if she could. tell my dad. So I had to go to school that whole day I was so nervous because I knew we would have to talk when I got back home. So yep it happened when I got back and we had that talk about when. knew I was gay and she said my dad was fine with it. So I had a few anxious hours till my dad came home and he said it is fine and it was not surprise and that's all he has ever said about it. So ever since then I have never ever talked about it with them because I wasn't ready for it all to happen that morning or day so It hasn't really sinked in and whenever the word gay pops up on the tv I blush bright red I don't want to talk about being gay with them and I don't know what to do with them any more I am not comfy with it because my parents obviously don't know what they are doing but I can't live in this discomfort. lets go back to my brother, well a year later he is asking me whether I find any girls fit on a constant basis and when I say I don't like them he seems disappointed and asks why not. I know I could bring up the gay topic with him but I want to do it in a clever way and I don't know how. I also want to talk to the whole school because it is so annoying that only a quarter of the school knows I'm gay and that is everyone in my year at school I don't know how to speak to anyone about it. So if you've go this far that's whats been happening in my life , please leave any advice.

Hyde1905 and Thomas094 like this.
  2. Thomas094

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hang in there - the path may not be easy but take it one day at a time. It doesn't have to happen all at once - maybe figure out who you want to discuss with first - what will make you happiest to address it with and then prioritize the conversations. Rome wasn't built in a day - so give yourself time and appreciate the fact you are taking action - GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATULATIONS

3. Hyde1905

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, I’d be in the same situation with school if i came out (I’m not ready to do yet) especially with one person who has bullied my trans friend all his life. Which makes it really scary. I understand wanting to do it in a clever way I’ve tried to do this with my friends before but I couldn’t get there attention. If I was in your situation, to get his understanding. I’d ask him “well why don’t you like other guys” wait till he answers and then say “well that’s why I don’t like girls” but I guess it does kind of depend on his answer.

4. Thomas094

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well don't do what doesn't feel right - and it does depend on feedback - scary always when you don't know what the other is thinking - has to be an easier way LOL

Hyde1905 likes this.