1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News John McCain dies at 81

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Andrew99, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can appreciate his willingness to transcend partisanship while recognizing what a war hawk he was. No one is completely praiseworthy or deserving of contempt. Only time will allow for a complete evaluation of his life.

2. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    all these people replying to me either misunderstood, or didn't actually read what i said. i never "praised" his death, i just said i'm not losing sleep over it. and i never said all republicans deserve death; in fact, i only mentioned one other republican in my post, and that was trump. others mentioned that this isn't the time for politics, but he was a politician. his entire life was inherently political, and everyone here forgetting the hurtful things he did is politicizing it, in the opposite position of my view.

sure he's done some good things, like seeming like a decent person and being remorseful of some of the shittier things he did in his early years of politics, but good acts don't wash out the bad. you cannot canonize him because he's dead. you're allowed to mourn and miss him, but for all the good things he did, you morally cannot forget the bad.

i'm sure you all were very respectful and solemn when fidel castro and margaret thatcher died

3. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Indo
    ok Whatever you say

4. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This isn’t the place for it, so I’m not going to argue with you except to say I disagree vehemently