1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Makeup?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Cert, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Cert

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm starting to work on a transition MtF, but I can't figure out what I can do that will make my face seem less masculine. I uploaded a picture of myself to an album, but it's taking a really long time to get reviewed. Anyway, I have a very rigid, defined, hairline, which is a big part of what would prevent me from passing. However, any advice that you'd give to another AMAB is probably applicable, as I have very few feminine facial characteristics. I also have acne, but that's not a male-exclusive condition or anything. Any advice would be appreciated!

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. Hanyauku

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Hey, Cert! It's exciting that you're getting into makeup! I'm really not good at makeup, but I enjoy messing around with it. As far as learning it, YouTube is your best friend!! There are a ton of MtF makeup up tutorials on there. My favorite channel, for trans things in general, but particularly for trans makeup tips, is Stef Sanjati's. She used to work as a makeup artist, and still might, I'm not totally sure. But, she has great videos ranging in skill level from beginning to advanced. Besides her, its seems like most MtF YouTubers have at least one makeup tutorial, Samantha Lux and Chloe Arden come to mind, but just search "MtF makeup tutorial" and you'll find a bunch. Good luck! :slight_smile: Oh, and here's a link to a great beginning video by Stef Sanjati.

4. HardToSay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Cert,

May I ask you how old you are?

I have to say you look very nice and not masculine, at all. You look like a great candidate for transitioning! :slight_smile:

Like Hanyauku said, just search the internet, and specifically youtube and start practicing! Practice does it! :slight_smile:

Good luck!