1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fluctuating Dysphoria

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ken867, Aug 27, 2018.

1. ken867

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is it normal to be transgender and to go through periods of time where you don't feel dysphoric about yourself if you experience dysphoria? To be more clear, you would still wish you were born into the correct body and for the most part, you do experience pretty bad dysphoria but sometimes the dysphoria goes away for a little bit and you are able to feel somewhat comfortable in your body?

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had this a lot before I came out. Some days, I would be fine with being female. Other days, I would be dysphoric as hell. I still have days now where I am dysphoric, but it is not as bad as it once was. So, I think that fluctuating dysphoria is pretty normal.

ken867 and AlexJames like this.
  3. poetrycat

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, fluctuating dysphoria is normal. Some days I can't stand to look at my body and sometimes it's fine. Sometimes someone misgendering makes me want to cry and sometimes I can just shrug it off.

ken867 likes this.
  4. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I do that a lot. I like having having penis, not terrifically thrilled with MY penis, but I enjoy having one. But it's not just physical with me. There are sometimes in which I enjoy being a man and enjoy some "manly" things. There are times in which I do not want to give up being a man, while there are also times I want to be a woman.

ken867 likes this.