1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Midwest Endocrinologists

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Cert, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Cert

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Does anyone know of an endocrinologist in the Midwest United States who’s willing to prescribe estrogen to a 14 year old? Ideally they’d be within 4-6 hours of Sioux Falls, but I’d be willing to drive as far as Wyoming or Illinois if necessary. Thank you!!

2. Hanyauku

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I think it’s hard to say with certainty that a specific endocrinologist will prescribe you estrogen, but just because you’re in the Midwest doesn’t mean you don’t have options. I live in Kansas City, and they have a lot of resources for trans individuals. I’m planing on starting hrt at the KU Medical Center’s transgender clinic next month, and in KC there’s also a planned parenthood and the KC Health Clinic that offer hrt. Planned parenthood is informed consent, and I think KC Health Clinic is, too, which means you don’t need a letter. KU Med needs a letter, but it also has a group of doctors who specialize in transgender medicine, so you might receive better care. But being fourteen probably makes it more complicated for you, so I don’t want to say anything for certain, especially since laws regarding transgender people vary so much. Would you have your parent’(s) permission to get on hrt? That would make things easier.

3. Cert

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My mom, assuming she stops grasping at straws (she says she will), would let me get HRT. My mom and dad are divorced and my mom has full custody, so my dad doesn’t matter. Thank you for the help! I’ll look in KC, since that’s a manageable distance away.