1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recent breakup was hard

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by gillisland, Aug 18, 2018.

1. gillisland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi all,

I just wanted and felt like I needed some support right now because of a breakup. My boyfriend of about 3 months broke up with me and although I suspected it, it hurt nonetheless. For a couple weeks, to me, he seemed distant so I wanted to bring it up with him, but he did first. He asked how I felt about us and I mentioned that I really like him but he didn't seem interested anymore. He said that he didn't feel the same as he did before. From there he told me he really wanted to stay friends because he cares about me a lot as a friend but not romantically. Later that night, I went to a mutual friend of ours and asked her if she knew more about why he ended it because he was pretty vague. She told me that he didn't like me sexually and more like that, so I went back to him and asked him if he could actually describe why. He told me that he didn't feel the same spark and that he wasn't attracted to me romantically. Now my real problem is that because of all that I just feel ugly and unattractive. I feel like what he's saying is that he broke up with me because I'm ugly and I just can't shake the idea off and it's doing a lot to my self confidence and my general will to do much.

(This is a high school relationship but it was my first relationship so it hurt a lot so really anything helps)

2. e6000

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    First of all, I'm sorry that you have to be going through this. But, second of all, it really is better if the relationship ended after just a few months, if he felt he didn't like you that much.

And third of all, think of it this way: not everyone finds everyone else attractive, and just because he doesn't find you attractive doesn't mean that you're ugly. He is only one person, and while he he may not find you attractive, that doesn't mean no one else can.

Hope you start feeling better!