1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual in Lesbian Group

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jennifer35, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Jennifer35

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I'm a bisexual women whose just trying to come out & figure out this new life, & find a community. I've been going to a bisexual group for about 3-4 months, averaging twice a month. I found a queer meetup group online I'm going to join..I also found a lesbian meetup group online & want opinions on if you think it would be wrong to go to a lesbian meetup group, where I'm bisexual. I'd like to join that group. It says it's for lesbians only, but I would really like to get into the lesbian community, cuz those are the women I'm looking to meet & date. I dont know if I'm open about being bisexual, if they'll let me join the group. Do you think it's wrong to join a lesbian only group if you're bisexual? I didn't want to deceive them, I just want to find a community.

I appreciate anyone's opinions & suggestions. Thanks!

Love4Ever likes this.
  2. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I certainly don't think it's wrong. And anyone who thinks it is is just prejudiced against bisexuals. You have as much right to be there as anyone. I certainly think you should go if you want to. To me, as long as you are a woman who likes women, then you can certainly join a group of women who also like women. That you aren't exclusively into women shouldn't matter a bit.

Meander and merry like this.
  3. merry

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  4. Franz007

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In my opinion it would only be wrong if you are hidding to that group that you are bisexual, otherwise not.

#4 Franz007, Aug 24, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2018