1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush or just craving affection?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Mim, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Mim

Mim

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My best friend is bi.

I think she might have a crush on me, and I like the idea of it. I would be jealous if she was crushing on someone else, especially if it were a girl.

I think that I also have a cursh on her, but, I’m straight. I don’t feel attracted to girls, but I do feel attracted to guys. Sure, girls can be hot, but not in the same way guys are to me.
    But with her it’s just different. I don’t feel physically attracted to her, but there’s just something about her that I can’t explain. She makes me feel a certain way that none of my other close friends do.
    I like being with her, and lately we’ve spent a lot of time togheter. She’s very affectionate, especially with me, which made me uncomfortable at first, but now I like it.
    I have thought of kissing her many times, but could never imagine having sex with her.

I’m just so confused. I’ve never been attracted to girls, and can’t see myself with a girl other than her. I’ve never been in a relationship before (aside from elementary school “relationships”), so do I have an actual crush, or am I just craving affection?

2. HardToSay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I have to smile.... :slight_smile: What you are describing is so precious and beautiful... I feel warm and fuzzy and happy just reading it. Who cares what it is, it is just wonderful. :slight_smile:

Now, that I said that, the objective part, let me add the part where my subjective part comes in, especially given my more advanced age: what you are describing here is a real crush, possibly a beautiful budding romance. :slight_smile: You might be gay, bi, pan whatever, I am not great with labels, but I would so treasure what you feel, what you have right now.

I send you love, a warm hug, and the best of luck to you. If you would like to talk more, I will be listening. :slight_smile:

3. Rainbow100

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, I am going through the same thing right now. But in reverse. I’m a lesbian and I recently fell in love with a really good friend who is straight. She is the best and has made happier than I’ve ever been!! I told her my feelings and thankfully we are still good friends. I think I was experincing both, A crush and attention.