1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High school crushes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ECMember, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ohhh boy, did I.

My teenage years were literally spent with constant crushes on guys. None of them ended up being gay or bi, so nothing was ever acted on. It was just constantly I would find myself crushing on guys I found hot. I made many posts about them in the past.

The one I actually confessed to a few years ago that I had a crush on him. He didn't mind and said he was flattered. We're really good friends and I've been over that crush for a long time.

2. Shadows123

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There was a boy I liked (and still do) that was in a lot of extracurricular activities as me (marching band was the main one though). We had a misunderstanding and it ended up hurting our friendship. We did recover our friendship some but not as much as I wish we had. I'd give anything to fix things with him, not because I like him (he's very cute and funny tho) but because he's genuinely a cool guy. From what I understand, he ended up dating one of his friend's brothers for a while and right now is moving back into his dorm. He came out to a few people after I graduated high school (which I am very proud of him for), but unfortunately, he was outed by someone.

3. stuck12

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi,
    I have a crush on this girl, she confuses me all the time because she kinda seems flirty to me but in general I guess that is a part of her personality so I dont really know. I came out to her and she came out to me and we became close friends but there's this thing that happens between us we do something sweet then the next day were fighting then the next were friends again but that's the problem Im so confused wether she's just being my friend or she's sending out signals. I don't want to ruin the friendship by telling her and making it awkward so Im stuck, I'm happy that were friends and all but I still have feelings for her and this has been going on for a few months so...

ANY HELP OR ADVICE FROM YOU GUYS?

4. Shadows123

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Another thing, just recently got back in touch with an old crush of mine from high school. He's cute but I like him more for how sweet he is :slight_smile:

5. BlueNeon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a major crush on a girl from the high school I went to. It was so frustrating because she was one of those girls who was always touching you if she considered you a friend. Of course, since I was in a religious school in the deep south, I couldn't even attempt to act on it.

I remember one incident involving her that just about stopped my heart. I was walking up to a group of people who were going to be at a sleepover that I had to go to, since it was church sponsored. Right when I got there, she grabbed me by the arm, pulled me into the group, and announced to everyone that she has claimed me as her cuddle buddy for the sleepover. It took me a long time to get over that one. :stuck_out_tongue:

#25 BlueNeon, Aug 14, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  6. sixthsea

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi everybody! I posted once before in this forum, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate the advice. (To give a crash course of my last post I basically have a huge crush on my good friend Olivia who I recently met, I know she is an ally but don't know how to handle my crush or where to take it from here). Some replies I got went along the lines of subtly flirting or flat out telling her my sexuality to gauge her reaction.

However, we always jokingly flirt. We even were teasing recently that we were dating. Yet she is the kind of girl to tease her friends like that and be open about her love for close friends.

So I guess my follow up question is how to subtly flirt without making her super uncomfortable or causing a rift in our relationship? Would you guys recommend that I do it alone when we're hanging out just the two of us or while we're in a group with others, so that if it goes south it gives some wiggle room? And as for the conversation, I have only known Olivia for about a month, is that too soon to tell her? She seems like the kind of person to stick around and to truly care for someone, yet I've been wrong about that before...

Thanks everyone!

7. sixthsea

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you so much NickiFire! you really helped me and I appreciate your advice so much. I think I'm going to wait slightly longer to come out to her since I've only known her for a month.

Thanks again and PM me if you ever wanna talk!! :slight_smile:

8. Cas girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    At least they were not scared of you or treat you like scum. Oh my crushes were not that popular. They just had huge egos or thought I did.

#28 Cas girl, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  9. Sun Rae

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There are two people I remember crushing on throughout high school. One girl and one boy. Even though back then I was convinced I was straight. I didn't even realize I was crushing on a girl, because I did my best to avoid her at all costs instead of coming to terms with the fact that I might have been bi. I remember when I first met her. If you could call what had happened meeting her. Ironically, she was at the middle school to promote the girls volley ball team to the soon to be 9th graders. The next time I saw her was when I was getting my books for my classes. She seemed to have volunteered to check out books to the younger students. I remember hiding behind my large stack of books, while at the same time trying not to look her in the eye. Considering she was a senior when I was a freshman we really didn't have much interaction.

The boy I liked was in my year. I should have known I was bi, because I did the same shrinking into the shadows whenever he was around. I had liked that guy since middle school. I remember my Junior year we were in the same SAT prep class and the teacher never showed. He actually talked to me. I hadn't even realized he knew my name until that point.

During my Senior year I dual enrolled at the college my parents worked at. It was in my first semester there that I noticed him. Not that I knew he was a him at that point, since I only ever saw him in passing and he's a trans guy. It was the end of that semester when I saw him at the pride club table promoting the pride club. My best friend was in that club, so they had me play games with them. Again, trying not to get too close to the person I obviously didn't know I had a crush on. It was in my second semester that I befriended him. Because my best friend knew him from Pride club they dragged both of us to eat lunch with them. And from then on the three of us sat together everyday for lunch. That was when I started questioning my sexuality. But I knew he was a trans guy, so I considered myself still a straight ally. It wasn't really until I started college until I fully started questioning my sexuality.