1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help on figuring myself out

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Xenoph, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Xenoph

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So I’m a 15 year old girl. I’ve known I’m bisexual for a while now but after a recent conversation with my good friend, I’m not so sure anymore.

So about a week ago, I was talking to my straight friend about guys and girls that we found attractive. She then told me that she thought girls could be visually appealing but that didn’t mean she liked them, as opposed to guys. She told me that when she would see a guy that she liked, she would become really nervous and shy. I thought about this and tried to apply this knowledge to myself. However, I soon found out that I could only apply this onto girls and not guys.

I soon realised that around girls I liked or found attractive, my personality would change and I would be surprisingly nervous even though I’m usually quite confident. On the other hand, around attractive guys, there was no feeling or connection. Of course, I still thought they were good looking but I found that the feeling I would have with a girl was different to the feeling I would have with a guy.

This caused my mind to wonder and this leads me to my current situation.

I’m unsure if this lack of connection might be because I haven’t found the right guy but I talk to more guys than I talk to girls and yet, I just don’t seem to find that spark. Another factor that makes this more confusing is that both sexes turn me on. So this leads me to the question that’s been on my mind since that conversation. Am I still bisexual or am I a lesbian?

2. Xenoph

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Feel free to ask me any questions that may be necessary.

3. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Perhaps you have a bit more romantic attraction to girls, which is why you get nervous. And find boys purely physically attractive and that's why you don't get nervous around them.

Xenoph likes this.
  4. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I started trying to figure out whether I was bi or gay and 14 so I get the struggle trust me. Here's the biggest piece of knowledge I can pass on to you: bisexual does not me 50/50 equally split exact same attractions for males and females. I now consider myself bisexual - I just really really prefer girls. I have to really get to know a guy before I build attraction to them whereas girls I could just see walking down the street and think wow she's so beautiful I wonder if she's gay I'd like to get to know her etc. Not sure if that helps, but figured I'd add my 2 cents. Feel free to message me personally if you'd like.

Xenoph and Love4Ever like this.
  5. Xenoph

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This does help a lot. I’m still not 100% sure if that’s the case for me but it makes a lot of sense.

6. BostonStranger

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What Questions4ever said. I also identify as bisexual and have a preference for women (although I've found that it can change a little from time to time). I actually get more nervous around guys I like, because it happens a little less often and I have less experience with them. It's not always 50/50 for everyone. I have quite a lot of friends who are attracted to men and women (and anything inbetween), some identify as heterosexual because it's about 90/10 for them, others identify as bisexual because it's closer to 50/50, etc. It really depends on which label you identify with and feel comfortable with.