1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by sonic1337111, Jul 29, 2018.

1. sonic1337111

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone else here a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh, for those who don't know it's a TCG, anime and manga series of the same name made by Konami (Yes the same Konami behind Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid).
    Right now I don't have many cards (Only 6) because i only recently got into the card part of Yu-Gi-Oh but i have been a fan of the anime since 2011 when GX was on repeats here in the UK.

#1 sonic1337111, Jul 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  2. Loves books

I watched the original as a kid and my brother currently has about a hundred of those cards blu tacked to his bedroom wall.

3. sonic1337111

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If given the chance my brother would probably to that aswell although the two he'd want to keep the most safe are "Dark Magician" and "Slifer The Sky Dragon"

4. ClaireVT22

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm definitely a fan, though I'm a bit behind. I run Lightsworns, and since I'm no good at deck building, that's it. I do like the game though.

5. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to really love the game - but the power creep is sooooo hard to deal with. For those of you in this thread that are new to the game, basically, to keep players buying new cards, Konami makes the new cards objectively more powerful. The goal, after all, is to make money, and they can't do that if players are playing the same deck for 5 or more years. On top of that, I dislike their philosophy of, "rewrite the rules every few years." I was fine with it in years past - they introduced new monster types and added to the rules, but they didn't change the way existing cards functioned. The most recent rule change - link monsters - fundamentally changed the game so that certain old decks weren't just left behind by power creep but literally did not function the way they used to. I still have my old decks, but I have no intention of attempting to update the majority of them to function within the new ruleset. Maybe I'll get back in the game one day, but for now it looks like I'm saying goodbye to my dueling days.