1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to attend pride festival next year...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BadassFrost, Aug 11, 2018.

1. BadassFrost

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Today, my day started in a pretty bad way. I had an argument with my mom about few stupid things, plus I forgot about my friend's birthday yesterday (I called him today, but still it was late and it left me kind of saddened) I was in a bad mood for the most of the day.
    Anyway, I planned to see my dad (who lives in a different city) for a few days, so I went to the train station this afternoon. To get there fast, I have to use city metro (subway). So, as I travelled by metro, sitting there alone between strangers, only with my earphones and a sad mood, I started to notice things.
    At first, I noticed a happy looking same sex couple sitting near me. That's not anything unusual, I see them from time to time, and Prague is a liberal city so people around don't really care. However, after a while, as stations passed by, I started to notice more of them. Much more. More than I've ever seen at once. Soon, I started to notice LGBT flags everywhere and other colorful stuff.
    I had no idea that there was a Prague Pride festival today. I somehow completely missed any info about it. I haven't read the news for a while, so I wasn't informed about it. Plus I never kept an eye on festivals like this since I've always thought that it's not for me. Now when I think about it… I don't even know why exactly...
    Anyway, as I was sitting there, watching all these people coming right from the pride festival, I realized something. I watched them, and I saw smiles, happy faces, talking people, and such a happy mood they emitted. My sad mood became even worse, as I wanted to be like them, happy and enjoying my time. I suddenly wanted to join them, but I couldn't. Then I compared them to the other passengers, who suddenly seemed so grey and dull to me, sitting there, staring into their smartphones and ignoring all around them. Later on, already in the train from Prague, there were 2 girls sitting in front of me, coming home from the festival. Most of the way they were talking about how they enjoyed it. I listened, and even asked a few questions about it. According to what they told me, it seems that it must have been so fun. Now I'm still sad, because I missed it. But also I made a decision. Next time, I'll go. And I will enjoy it.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to share my day with someone...

2. givenchy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I get the same feelings when pride festivals and mardi gras are on in my city, I always feel sad because I am missing out and not able to be fully proud of who I am. But I too have made a promise to myself to go to a festival next year. We will both have an amazing time, I know it. It is going to be great! ️‍❤️

3. smurf

And enjoy it you will!! I hope you have the best time next year! :slight_smile:

4. BadassFrost

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks! I'm sure about that :slight_smile: