1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do u come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dynamic13, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Dynamic13

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    i know i’m a lesbian and I’ve known for maybe a year now but i just dont know how to tell my friends. I want to come out to one so bad but everytime i even think about it i chicken out. I think im ready to come out im just stressed and scared and i feel like once u come out to one person its soooo real and then u have to tell everyone else soon after. Please help any advice would be great thank you.

2. BisexualM

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey Dynamic13,

I am out to my close friends but not my family or other friends yet, but hopefully this can still help!

I first told some people that I was bi, not by saying that I was, but telling them who I had a crush on! It was so much easier (for me!) to say that rather than having a big conversation about who I am and how I feel etc.

For friends that I have out of school who I don’t see to often, I wrote a message on the notes section of my phone and then copied it and pasted it to those friends on snapchat. I liked doing this because you are not with them face to face. It is so much easier also to just press ‘send’ rather than psyching yourself up about starting a conversation!

The final way I have come out to some friends was when I was on holiday and met some new friends. We were having a ‘deep conversation’ if you like, and someone said, ok, is everyone here straight? And at first I said yes when it got to me, but something overcame me (I still don’t know what it actually was) and i just blurted our ‘actually not I am bi’. It was a group of about 7 girls and one boy and they were all superrrr accepting and it was so much less scary than i thought!

One more thing, once you come out to some people there is no rush at all to tell others! I first told some friends when I was 13 and I am 16 now and am still not out to my parents or other friends! Take your time, just make sure you trust those you are telling and that you are not just telling someone random because you need to get it off your chest!

Sorry this was so long, but I think i have givenyou a few different options on how to come out?

Good Luck! :slight_smile: