1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think my gf might be bi / gay?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by doubtfulbf, Aug 8, 2018.

1. doubtfulbf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was the little things, you know? When we first started dating, she would point at beautiful strangers and say things like, “Look at that stunner.” At first, I just thought my girlfriend was really cool and wasn’t like one of those overly jealous / insecure types. Then I noticed she started spending more time with her girlfriends, and how she would stare at women passing by when we were out grocery shopping or on our Saturday night dates.

I think what really gave it away was when I borrowed her laptop to check my email and saw that she recently googled “how to search women by ID.” I looked back at her and saw that she was preoccupied with something on TV, which means she probably forgot about it. Should I confront her about this? I love her dearly and even though it might mean losing her and our relationship, I don’t want her to bear the pain of being in the closet any longer, if she really is bi or a lesbian.

Totesgaybrah likes this.
  2. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is really a tough one. I wish my wife would have asked me if I had feelings for guys. It would have made coming out easier. But, you could also scare her off a bit too.

So. I would just be supportive of her. Just let her know that she can tell you anything. Maybe also be, casually supportive of gay rights and lifestyles...if that is how you feel. This may take several conversations. I speak from personal experience when I say this can be a really difficult time for her especially if she loves you and worries about how this affects you.

You sound like a really good guy for thinking of her first. That is so awesome man. Really awesome.

3. doubtfulbf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's exactly what I'm scared of the most. I don't want to drive her away from asking, especially if she's not yet ready. I'm really going to have to approach the subject carefully, so I think I'm going to take your advice and just show my support, especially with LGBTQ rights. Hopefully, she gets the subtle hints and will open up to me about it soon :upside_down: I love her and even if she turns out to be gay and might not want a romantic relationship with me anymore, I'm more than happy to remain close friends with her.

Totesgaybrah and Nickw like this.
  4. Emmanuella

You're a sweet guy. She's lucky to have you in her life.

5. Hillary B

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wouldn't confront her, no. It is so hard though. And so easy for me to say because for me, in real life, I would probably do the opposite of my own advice here.