1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian and my partner is transitioning

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Jordy99, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Jordy99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have been with my partner for about a year and a half and they have slowly became more masculine in there appearance and style. Over the past few weeks they have decided they are trans and want to transition and start taking testosterone and are actively saving for top surgery. I have been and want to be supportive but don’t want them to feel like what they are doing is wrong so I don’t feel as though I can discuss this with them. I’m concerned I won’t be able to be with them once they transition completely because I am lesbian and although I love them I don’t know if I will still be physically attracted to them after they transition...has anyone been through the same thing or have any advice whatsoever? I’m so confused and conflicted and reading anyone’s opinion on the situation would help.

2. Jushin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello Jordy,

I'm sorry, I have never been in this kind of situation, but I still want to give an opinion.
    You love your partner right? And I guess your partner loves you too. I think it's important to talk to your partner about your feelings and fears that are accumulating in your mind. Communication is key here. Maybe your partner is also experiencing these kind of fears and anxiety of what will the future bring.
    Share your thoughts with your partner when you feel ready.
    Hope everything goes smoothly for both you. :slight_smile:

3. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your doubts and feelings are completely fair to have in this type of situation, and while I don't have personal experience with your situation, one of my friend who happen to be FtM was in the same situation with his girlfriend and in his case, unfortunately it didn't end well as unfortunately, while his girlfriend was very supportive of him transitioning she was also a lesbian, and she just couldn't be attracted to men so they broke up.

He is now very happy with a new girlfriend and so is she and are still very good friends, so while it sucks, remember that not being attracted to his male body, if it was to happen, doesn't mean that you aren't supportive of his transition, it just means that you aren't attracted to men, and it's okay. :slight_smile:

MzMrAlexa likes this.