1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to come to terms with myself

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ClaireVT22, Aug 8, 2018.

1. ClaireVT22

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey everyone,

I'm just trying to come to terms with my sexuality. I'm bisexual, and even though I'm basically out to everyone, I still have trouble validating myself and I'd like to get better with that. There's a pride event in October where I'm living and I'd like to go, but I'm still uncomfortable with the idea of expressing my sexuality. I'll say I'm bi if I asked, but it honestly feels weird to say it. I identify with the label, so it's not that, I just don't have any queer friends and so I don't have anyone to discuss queer events and/or my experiences. I just need people to talk to I guess.

2. Jushin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello Claire,

Maybe there is some kind of LGBT Association in your residence area that accepts volunteer work. You could apply to be a volunteer there, and with that, you could meet new LGBT people :slight_smile:.

3. ClaireVT22

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's a great idea! I'll look into it. Thanks!
    :slight_smile:

Jushin likes this.
  4. Billy the kid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I feel the same way. I came out late in life and have no Gay friends really. I shouldn't say that though I do have a BI friend and I can talk to him about things. So this Forum does help and there are people to chat with here. I think you should make it a goal to try and find a Bisexual friend that you'll feel comfortable talking to. Pride events aren't my thing, I would like to go to one eventually though. Social media or even dating apps could help in finding someone in your area. Just explain your looking for a friend who would want to go out to lunch and talk about it. Finding an LGBT group like someone else mentioned is a good idea too. I think you want to find someone who is BI though, they will be able to relate to you the best. my friend is BI and like I said I can talk to him about anything, but I want to talk to someone that is Gay because I know I would relate better with them. I also would note I have nothing against BI or Lesbians or Trans people I love them all. I just think matching up with someone just like you that has a better understanding of the feelings that you would like to discuss makes a better connection.

5. ClaireVT22

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, I'll definitely try that out. And thanks for replying. :slight_smile: