1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From Lesbian to Bisexual

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by FreeGirl, Aug 8, 2018.

1. FreeGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Everyone!

I came out as a lesbian three years ago, I was really 100% certain about it, but now I met a guy I like and I am struggling to come to terms with the fact that A) I came out wrong! I really like him...I am so stupid! and B) How did this happen? Are these feelings real? I just don't trust myself to know what is going on anymore, and I both want to be with him and am scared of what will happen. My past experiences with men were not good, but there were other issues there as well, like not being respectful of my physical boundaries, and also I have never felt this strongly about a man before.

I would really love to hear from anyone else who has had this experience or can relate at all on any level, as I feel really alone. And really dumb and foolish.

Thank you!
    Love,
    FreeGirl

2. SweetT80

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't feel dumb. It's called sexual fluid... you can change from heterosexual to bisexual back to heterosexual to lesbian, etc.

No one can tell you what to feel. Don't worry about labels. I'm learning this along the way! Be happy with whom you want! Your not foolish to love people! Go with the flow and allow yourself to feel!

3. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Freegirl

Bisexuality is real. I had a boyfriend in Junior High and it was a real as any puppy love can be. Turned out he was gay and I'm bisexual but at the time we didn't even know about any of those labels. I, off and on, had crushes on boys and girls, then men and women before I really fell in love with my wife.

What I didn't do was be honest with my wife that I was bisexual and this caused some pain later in life. So, be as open and honest and you can be and just go with the flow.

For goodness sakes don't feel stupid about this!

Peterpangirl likes this.
  4. MzMrAlexa

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    In a perfect world there would be no Straight, Bi, Gay, Lesbian or Transgender... There would just be people who found someone to share Love with without having to be labeled or part of some segmented subset of society.

So you found a male that you are really attracted to? Great! or better said you found a unique Individual you are attracted to. I wouldn't worry about the Label you chose earlier, or even trying to pick a new one. Just be you and find Love wherever and with whomever works for you.

I've been blasted in the past (and I'm sure I'll get blasted some more in the future) for speaking out about how all of these "Communities" are the same. This group hates that group, and if you do this or that or behave this or that way then you're not "A True _____". After having Identified as Hetero for a long time and finding that I'm gender fluid and trying to be a part of this or that what I've really found is that no matter what group you identify with there will be a significant amount of folks who are predisposed to passing judgment on others on some supposed ethical or moral high ground instead of just accepting that Sexuality isn't meant to be segmented or even necessarily rigid. I could love and be attracted to a man, a woman, transsexual or anyone in between an no one should have a problem with that. So Good for You! You're coming out as "You" and accepting yourself and that's the best coming out of all!

Peterpangirl and Nickw like this.
  5. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It happens, most of the time I am basically straight, but my gay attractions show up from time to time. I just roll with it

Meander likes this.
  6. Meander

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm basically on the same boat as this guy. I'm young enough where I feel I can adopt a 'come what may' attitude regarding sexuality..