1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I a lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Pienessa, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Pienessa

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I kinda noticed I never really had feelings for boys??? I only had one boy crush and about 5 or more girl crushes (I don't wanna count now:"))
    I never really thought about my sexuality till 2016. I didn't even know what heterosexual or else is xD
    Well, I was introduced to a whole new world and as I thought about my sexuality and past a lot and realised, I like girls. But I never really had boy crushes. I've read many threads here now and I've seen many lesbians having one or two boy crushes. I am so confused:")
    Also I thought I was bi for a long time, but I am not sure:/

2. Loves books

I thought I was straight then bi then realised I was a lesbian. It took about 5 years to get that far. I had crushes on boys once or twice when I was in my pre teens but it never went further than thinking they weren't all that bad looking. Never wanted to do more than look at them. If you think you like girls then go with it and if you like boys go with that. Maybe you could join a local LGBT+ group in your area. You might be a lesbian but only you know.

#2 Loves books, Aug 6, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  3. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Finding the line between bisexual mostly interested in girls or lesbian was really really difficult for me. And something I still kinda struggle with tbh. It's all ok. Bisexual can mean 90% of the people your interested in are women too so don't worry if you're not 50/50 boy and girls. That being said a lot of girls don't accept that they are in fact lesbians because culture encourages us to look at guys "Like that". Best of luck figuring all out! As long as you're happy right :slight_smile: Message me if you need anything hon

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC. It's good to read other people's stories but you should never wonder if yours is not the same. We often find familiarity or similarities in our stories but at the same time they are all unique to us. I don't think I ever really had any boy crushes, I was never interested in boys but I think as I got older I craved the closeness of a relationship and because society just leads you don't the straight and narrow so to speak I think occassionally I thought I had a crush, it was never intense or strong or anything like that I think it was more like my mind saying hmm ok if I had to go out with a boy it would be him. You can be a lesbian with or without boy crushes so don't worry about that. You figured out you like girls that's a great step, try not to be too hard on yourself these things can be difficult to figure out.

5. callistia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello there! I agree with what the others here have said. When I was questioning my sexuality, I was mainly deciding between bi and lesbian because I was trying to figure out whether or not I liked boys. Personally, I’ve never really been interested in boys unless there was another reason (pretty much either if I had to pick a guy to be “interested” in or if the guy was somehow related to a girl that I liked). But I had to figure out the difference between attraction and being able to say “that person generally looks nice.” That’s just me, though. Everyone’s experiences are a bit different. When I was trying to decide between bi and lesbian, I decided to try one out for a little bit, and perhaps doing the same will help you. You don’t have to come out to anyone, you can just pick one and go with it for a little bit to see how it is and if you think it might be right. If you don’t think it fits you, then you can try the other and see if that’s better. I don’t know if that will help, it’s just something I did in addition to reflecting on my past attractions and feelings. There’s no rush to figure it all out. Best wishes! :slight_smile: