1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I’m lesbian, my friend is definitely bisexual but she’s freaking out and I don’t know what to do

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Irene93, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Irene93

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’m a lesbian, as I’ve mentioned. Three months ago a friend asked me if we could have casual sex, I talked it over with her first as she’s never had a lesbian experience before. I made sure that she knew if either of us for any reason want to stop, we should say so and not risk losing the friendship.

I then proceded to kiss her and asked her how it was, she responded by kissing me again and then proceded to dry hump me as I said we were not going to do more at the time. When she first brought the whole thing up, she said she wants to eat me out, she said after spending the day with me she was so turned on she had to take care of herself when she got home, thinking about me all the time.

Since then we slept together once, i put the focus on her and got her to the finish line twice upon which she was exhausted. She said it was very intense she feels like I can really see her.

This girl dated a guy for 3 years, the relationship ended when he comitted suicide a year and a half ago. Three weeks after sleeping together, I called a stop to it. She was icing me out, she said, if people notice we’ve been together, does that make it real? What about how she felt about her boyfriend? She still grieves for him and blames herself. The last two weeks we’ve been talking a lot, strictly as friends from my side. We’ve seen each other 4 times in the last week.. everytime she flirts with me and last night when we were in the club and i was dancing against a guy she pulled me away from him and proceded to make out with me. Later in the night a guy laughed at us as we were making out, she got exceptionally agressive, I had to physically restrain her as she called him a homophobe. I kept telling her that it was okay, I don’t care.

She’s been using me as an excuse to keep guys at a distance too, having her “friend” there gives her reason to say no to the guys. I’m convinced that she is bisexual, but she is terrified of the fact. She’s scared that it will somehow invalidate her previous relationship and she is terrified of other people knowing. Before we went to the club she said that her roommate had asked if she was lesbian now cause someone had seen us making out all those weeks ago, she said she told the roommate that she tried it but it’s not for her. And then procedes to dryhump me on the dancefloor and makeout with me all night.

I told her that the next time I see her we need to talk. I don’t want to lose my friend, I’ve been very understanding up until now. I think if I could show her raw sex without checking if she’s comfortable etc as the first time she would feel differently. But the struggle she is having is baffling me, when I realised I was gay I struggled but it was not this bad. I think she feels for me but doesn’t want to. How do I help her? What do I do?

2. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow this sounds complicated. It sounds like your friend is definitely in denial about her sexuality. I agree that she is probably just scared. All these new feelings, combined with her unresolved feelings and guilt over her boyfriend. It sounds like she still continues to blame herself for his death and has not been able to find peace and let go. I think before you move forward with this relationships you should encourage her to open up to you or someone trustworthy and help her work through her emotional turmoil. She needs someone to tell her what happened to her boyfriend is not her fault. She cannot ever be happy or find closure with this still hanging over her. After she is abel to do this, (and it may take some time),then she will be in a better place mentally to consider her feelings for you.

3. dirtyshirt84

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds like your friend is having trouble accepting her sexuality and unfortunately this takes as long as it takes. Everyone goes at their own pace. The separate issue of her guilt and grieving over her boyfriends death sounds like it is compounding the issue.

As someone who once probably acted a whole lot like you friend I guess I would ask how much do you like her? And would you be prepared to wait until she is comfortable with her sexuality?

She is clearly more than a friend, would you be happy with just a friendship? Or do you really want something more?

It must be tough and frustrating for you as she clearly likes you.

4. Irene93

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I can be just her friend, but then the kissing etc needs to fall away. I honestly do want to be more, and I’d be prepared to wait. I’ve spoken with her and she can’t admit what she feels when she’s sober, she denies it, so I can’t tell her that I would wait. She’s pulled away since I spoke to her.. it feels like I’m going through a breakup and I hate it. Honestly.. she’s such an amazing person. I just wish I could be more, do more, give more. What she needs.. I don’t know

5. dirtyshirt84

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly don’t blame youself, I’m pretty sure there is nothing else you could do. She does sound like she is in denial. I just hope she doesn’t mess you about and hurt you too much in the process of accepting her sexuality.

I acted quite a lot like this when I first got together with my ex gf many years ago. She was the first girl I had ever felt attracted to and the fact that I was attracted to women kinda knocked me sideways. I was also the first girl she had ever liked but I think it was a little easier for her to accept. Thankfully she was able to forgive my behaviour and we ended up in a relationship for a year and a half.

Maybe try and encourage her to speak to a therapist or even a close friend or family member? I think she could probably use some counselling about her boyfriends death and maybe at the same time that might lead to some clarity about her sexuality.

6. Irene93

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I did do just that when we talked last night. I told her that she should talk to a friend, I mentioned her best friend and she said they don’t really talk, she says I’m her only friend. I also encouraged her to resume her sessions with her therapist and then also said that I’m here if she needs to talk about anything. She’s been screening my messages since then. What have I done?

7. Irene93

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel like I’m breaking right now. It’s like a heartbreak. What. Have. I. Done.

8. YeahpIdk

I'm afraid that once you sleep with a friend, everything becomes complicated and it's hard to go back to being Just Friends.

Like @dirtyshirt84 said, it sounds like she's in denial and this has to run it's course. It may take forever. Literally. And it can't be forced out of her. You could have sex with her 100 times, but if she's not ready to accept a part of herself, then it will just be sex with someone who can't fully accept the decision she's making.

I also wonder if she's still dealing with some grief from the boyfriend's suicide. I'm not saying she's not bisexual, but she may be acting erratic if it's still something she's not fully dealing with.

I feel for ya. And her :frowning2:
    Hang in there.

dirtyshirt84 likes this.
  9. SevnButton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's where my thoughts were headed. Having a relationship end due to suicide has got to be incredibly intense, and a year and a half might be enough time for a person to get back onto his or her feet for a person that is amazingly well-grounded and/or working with a really, really good therapist. Coming to terms with one's sexuality can be difficult even when the rest of life is really well-settled. This woman has a double set of challenges. I wish her and @YeahpIdk well.

=Sevn