1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High school crushes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ECMember, Jul 27, 2018.

1. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Did any of you all ever have crushes in high school with a guy or girl you liked, but never asked them out or never hooked up or dated?

I did like this one girl named Anne Marie, she was in my World Geography class and English class. She was okay and a guy had asked me a few times to ask her out but I wasn't really focused on dating at 9-10th grade that much.

There were two guys I somewhat had crushes on it. They attended a different high school in the same school district as mine. I met through Cross Country and distance track events I competed in during high school. The first guy, Ryan, I met through competing in the 2mi(3200m) events. He had beaten most of the meets we competed against. But I just liked his physical apperance though. His skinny White body, and curly grey/black hair. I didn't masturbate over him just liked seeing him when I was at a track meet. I never beat Ryan in the 2mi, but I did come close at my freshman district track meet when he and I were neck-and-neck at the finish at the 3200m, he got 4th and I got 3rd. And we shook hands. The second guy I had a crush on was his step brother Jordan. We were somewhat rivals in the 3200m my sophmore year. We talked before a meet or two. We did get to talk a couple times after meets and stuff, and talked after high school. I haven't talked to Jordan since about 2015, despite him attending the same college.

2. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    There was one major crush I had on a girl. She was two grades ahead of me, so she and I were only in the same school for two years. Her name was Angie, she was blonde, very beautiful. She was an athlete playing soccer, basketball, cross country, and track, and she played on the varsity team all four years in each of those sports except basketball and won a team state championship in cross country her senior year. For a whole year, I walked one floor out of my way between two specific classes just to see her. I never had the nerve to even talk to her.

3. Biguyjosh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A few crushes.

4. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sure I had crushes on other boys at school. And I'm certain that I never thought of even attempting to date--in my high school in the 1980s, boys did not date other boys. Period. End of story.

I'd guess hooking up was also not something accepted. Maybe--and note I say maybe--something like a circle jerk would have been tolerated, but even that is questionable.

5. Xochipilli

It’s so weird to think about high school. I’m still in denial that it was almost 10 years ago!

There is one cute guy that I still think about every once in a while. He will remain nameless, but I first met him in the 6th grade and it seemed like everyone had a crush on him. One classmate was so corny, she made up a list of the 100 reasons he was hot or something like that. :joy:
    He wasn’t the most beautiful person I had ever seen, but he was kind of edgy, friendly and really outgoing so I think that drew people in.
    We became semi-friends because of Pokémon (ha!) and at the end of one year he told me he didn’t like me when we first met, but then offered me a hug because we were cool I guess?
    We didn’t speak much throughout high school since we had different teachers and social circles.
    I lost touch with him (and all classmates really), but I saw him a couple of years after graduating at the mall. We made eye contact and I fast walked it in the opposite direction instead of saying hi. I kind of regret avoiding him, but I wanted to put high school behind me. I did always wonder about him not ever dating anyone though...

6. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is literally what happened with all of my crushes, college includes. And three of them I was head-over-heels for.

I was just never sure how to go about all of it. And I always figured it was better to keep them in the dark as a friend than to reveal my feelings and ruin everything. Which sucked because I had to watch a few of them get significsnt others (one couple is still together to this day)

Right now, not interested in anyone, but those three took up most of my thoughts at different points through a span of about eight years.

#6 BothWaysSecret, Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  7. sixthsea

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi everyone!

I'm in high school rn, and I need some advice on a problem I'm having. I met this girl, Olivia, a few weeks ago (3 or 4 ish) and we instantly became good friends. I know she supports LGBTQ based off of things she's tweeted, and I think her sister may be part of it. I clicked with Olivia really well and I want to become closer with her, but I have a massive crush on her and don't want to risk ruining the friendship. We always jokingly flirt, but I can't tell if she's like exclusively to me or if she's that to everyone. If she's definitely an ally ( and possibly part of the community or into me), should I risk telling her? Or get drunk and try to make a move? lol

I'm really hoping for the best here. She has a beautiful personality and lights up my day, she's simply outstanding head to toe.

Does anyone have any advice?

8. NickiFire

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey sixthsea! I can relate so, so much to this. I am in university and have clicked with this girl who is obviously an LGBTQ supporter and seems to be flirty with me, and I really want to get closer to her, but (as you mentioned as well) I have a huuuge crush on her and I don't want to ruin our friendship (plus she seems to be a generally flirty person). I'll just say where I'm at right now and maybe you'll agree or disagree but hopefully this helps in some way :slight_smile: Personally, I think that getting drunk is not necessarily the way to resolve the issue. If it doesn't go as planned, you could really regret it later. I think being in full control of yourself is the best way to approach important things like this. Since there is no black and white answer to this, I think you're just going to have to feel it out. Think about how you feel around her and how she makes you act, and see if she acts the same way around you. Try to see if how she interacts with you is different than how she interacts with other friends. Overall though, I think coming out to her (if you haven't already) is definitely the first step. If you're genuinely interested in her and you're in a position where you feel comfortable with coming out, then you can gauge her reaction to your coming out and see if she could be interested in you. She might tell you "That's amazing! I don't relate personally to that, but I'm so happy for you" or she could come out to you as well! (I've had both situations happen to me.) But if you're not ready to come out, don't rush it! Just feel it out and take it slow. I know it's agonizing, but beautiful things take time. I'm still very careful with who I come out to, but I think now that I'm becoming more confident with myself I'll be able to come out to pretty much everyone in the next while. We'll see where it all goes, it's a lengthy process but it's so worth it. Good luck :slight_smile:

9. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always crushed on older femme chicks, I never really developed crushes on girls my age, the older ones were more mysterious, and mature.. haha

10. wolves2005

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe try sneaking a hint that you are LSBTQ and see how she reacts, then maybe try to seem more interested in her love life and slowly start trying to add in physical touch, like a hand on her shoulder or helping her when she needs you. Thats the best advice i can give without knowing more, which is none of my buisness anyway :slight_smile:

11. Joe2001

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am head over heels for a guy. I sort of concluded that he was straight as there is a girl who is clearly besotted by him and he didn't seem to push her away (not sure if he had the same feelings to her though).

I would have loved to have taken him to prom or dated him but I couldn't find any evidence that he was into guys so I guess some things aren't meant to be.

So, it does definitely happen for many people. It's easier for a straight girl to crush on a gay guy as guys are like trains for straight girls - there will be another one soon. Not quite as easy for gay guys when they crush ion a straight guy.

#11 Joe2001, Aug 3, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  12. Nightlight

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The first one had a cute black hair. I held his hand once on school dance. Later he decided he didn't like me.

The second one was my friend. Didn't realize I liked him untill he was going to move away.

The third one was a insecure girl who acted like she hated me, then love me the next day. She passed away during my senior year. Who knows what she truly felt about me. -_-

I've had other minor crushes that I didn't mention.

13. Nightlight

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've dated none of my crushes due to being shy and too slow to pick up signs..

14. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most of my crushes turned into relationships, so I'm not qualified to reply XD

15. HeFleBiGen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Although I never went to a regular high school, I did have a crush during my 11th grade year while I was cyber-schooled. (I'm going to a regular school next year btw.)

It was this girl named Baylie, she was really cute and I sensed that she liked me too, tho I think I blew it cos I was acting very uncool (I'm hella awkward so I'm unable to properly process my emotions.) (TBH I met her while I was in a mental hospital. Don't ask why I was in there cos I don't like talking about it.)
    Anyway, after I left, I gave her a call during school (my stupid ass thought to call her without thinking she was in school.) After that, she said she'd call me back and she never did (eventually blocking me on Facebook.)

So the thing that Baylie and I had is long gone, tho I still think about her once in a while.

16. enkeli

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As far as I can tell, I've only ever had one crush in high school. In fact, I'm not entirely sure if I was truly crushing on him or obsessed with the idea of him liking me. I think it was 10th grade when he started appearing everywhere around me and I started to wonder if he was into me. I never did find out because I ignored him and one fateful day when he started talking, I answered and then turned my back on him. I witnessed him exchanging a glance with my friend who looked at him apologetically and then he just stopped talking to me. I hated myself after that because I realised how much I enjoyed talking to him and how I did kind of like him but he clearly didn't bother trying anymore. I sometimes wonder what could've been but I was in a really bad place mentally and he was friends with a huge jerk so I suppose it was for the better. But rationally looking at it now, I think we both kinda liked each other. Or at least the idea of each other.

17. Cas girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I went to a all girls catholic school. I didn’t have my sexual awakening then so there was no crushes. But I crushed so hard on my neighbor’s grandson who used to visit during summer.

Most of my crushes were in college. They were fleeting ones, one during second year, a guy from electricals department in final year. Never acted on them. Fear of being branded as characterless was greater than infatuations. My hometown is conservative.

I envy you.

18. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had (and still have) low self-esteem so I never set the bar very high. So envy isn't really the right word in that context. Rather pity me hahaha. Just kidding. I just never liked the jocks or popular guys. The ones I went for were slightly under the radar. I guess they fall more into the geek category. My mom always referred to them as the broken wings... lol

19. Molko

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The girl I had a crush on in high school since year 7 actually ended up becoming one of my good friends in year 9, and came out. I wonder if maybe there was that unknown knowing. I never told them and they actually ended up in a relationship with the next girl I had a crush on outside of school. It worked out fine for me as while I liked them, I was happy and content with the friendship and it got to that stage where it would have been weird to think beyond it. I've always been quite alright in the friendzone.

20. choni

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm actually kind of getting over a crush right now. I guess I'm pretty much over it, but still mad at myself for not pursuing her earlier. I'm going to college in the fall, so it's kind of too late now :disappointed_relieved:. But I'm ready to meet new people and have more crushes that ruin me