1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New, looking for friends

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Dean456, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Dean456

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ive been feeling really alone lately, I don’t have many people in my life who know I’m bisexual. Sometimes I feel like people only know a portion of me, I want to be my authentic self around more people. I’m married to a man, and his family is very religious along with members of my own family. How do you deal with these feelings? How can I be more authentic in my relationships with people?

2. Kaoru Kat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You may not like this answer but the first step to authenticity is to come out of the closet. That's just in my experience anyway. I used to feel extremely lonely in the closet and I tried desperately to have the whole nuclear family thing and I attended church every Wednesday and Sunday and practically lived there and went to every event and talked and texted all of the people but felt lonelier than ever. I felt lonely and depressed and had no idea why because I thought I was being myself. But once I came out about my gender identity and sexuality the loneliness went away because I could do something that I could not do when I was deep in the closet. I could love and validate myself :grin:

3. Kaveri das

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  4. Forlong

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi
    I completely understand what you you’re going through and I’m in the same situation. Sometimes it’s good to have a friend who you can talk outside of family. One of the reasons I joined EC so I don’t feel so alone and by myself.