1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out of my league?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Silver Snow, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Silver Snow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When I stop and think about myself.... am I ugly? Most days I’d say I’m a steady 3.5 or 4 if I did my makeup and my hair is really behaving. Usually I don’t do my makeup though. I don’t have acne or anything to cover up, so that’s at least one plus. I’m not skinny, but I do have an ED so, idk. People have called me thin, but I think that’s an exaggeration. At the very least, I’m not fat. I’m not a smooth talker, or charming. Most times I’m not sure what to say. But I’m kinda clumsy and that makes people laugh. So apparently I’m funny when I’m not trying to be. I go to work, I go to college, I go home and help my parents out. So not a real interesting life...

My crush is an easy 10. She had me staring the first day I saw her. She’s so nice and funny and cute. She has a supermodel figure, but she’s short, which makes her adorable to me. Her hair is perfect all the time. Her eyes are mesmerizing. She had the perfect laugh the perfect smile. I was just scrolling through her Instagram and... wow. We’ve been friends for a few months now. We don’t hang out ALL the time. But I want to.

I want so bad to be with her. I’ve never felt this way about anyone. I thought maybe I was just drawn to her looks, which is weird for me, I’m not usually so superficial, but her personality is beautiful too. And she’s so quick witted. Always knows what to say.

See my problem? She’s so out of my league. Does anyone think I’d have a chance with her? Has anyone else managed to end up with someone out of their league?

She told me she was gay when we first met, she has a pride flag sticker on the back of her car, and she wears a rainbow anklet everyday, so there’s no “is she gay?” questions here. And she knows I’m gay as well.

2. Mariana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you're being too hard on yourself. Most of us are a lot more critical about our own appearance than other people's, so the way you see yourself might be a lot different from how other people see you. You don't seem super confident, so to me it sounds like you're probably seeing yourself as less attractive than other people might. Also, attraction is a very subjective thing! You think your crush is beautiful, and maybe she thinks you're beautiful too. You can't know what other people are attracted to - you might find your hair annoying when it "doesn't behave", but someone else might really like it.

Try not to think of her as "out of your league". Attraction isn't all about looks. Since you already know she's gay I'd say go ahead and ask her out! She might say no, but she might also say yes!

3. nemoMous

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don´t beat youself down, from what little you have written I would be interested in getting to know you:upside_down:.
    Why not give or send her a letter/picture with "would you go in on a date? [yes] [thinking about it] [sorry no]"?

And somebody i thought was somewhat out of "my league" had a crush on me.
    If you can, try out some sport that helps with gaining selfconfident.

4. Sawyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Right now I am dating someone completely out of my league. Like, I'm probably a strong 1 on most days, and she's a 10. We met on a dating site, but I had never really gotten a good look at her face in pictures. When I finally met her in person, I almost walked out of the coffee shop because I knew I didn't stand a chance. It took me 3 dates and her having to tell me she liked me and to kiss her to get the hint.

Bottom line: as someone else said, attraction isn't all about looks, and you miss all the shots you don't take. If I ended the first date abruptly with the mind set I don't stand a chance, I would have missed my chance knowing someone incredible.

Ask her if she'd be interested in meeting for lunch, or drinks, or studying.

5. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We accept the love we think we deserve :slight_smile:

I'm definitely the more embarrassing/crazy/bitchy/emotional one in my relationship and I don't think I'm that attractive. I have enough baggage for the two of us and then some. Yet somehow he thinks I'm cute and puts up with me.

Might as well ask her out and see how it goes :slight_smile:

6. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everyone draws the leagues differently. One, people are attracted to different things and types physically, but also a lot of people just don't draw the leagues that way at all. You could be thinking OMG this person is so beautiful, why are they with me and they could be thinking of you OMG this person is so smart/funny/charming/has it all so together, why are they with me?