How to meet queer girls?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by summerpic, Jul 22, 2018.

1. summerpic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hiya
    So I'm new here because I've wanted to get to know more people in the lgbt+ community for a while but I don't really know how to find and talk to people.
    Does anyone have any tips of how to get to know more people?

Kaoru Kat likes this.
  2. DragonBoys

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I mean, on EC, a good way is to just comment on people's posts, but if you're looking for something a little more personal, check to see if there's any LGBT+ places near where you live. Online, there may be some LGBT+ groups on FB as well as dating sites, but it's understandable if you shy away from those. No matter what you choose, I wish you all the best.

Kaoru Kat likes this.
  3. Kaoru Kat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I meet awesome queer girls through cosplaying :grin: I go to conventions and they are everywhere :grin: Um I also meet them by going to gay clubs but not often. Oh, and another awesome one is by going to PRIDE! I met awesome girls at pride picnics and event and the parade but I would attend those with my ex-girlfriend at the time so I didn't attend the events to meet girls, I had already met one through school. Just go to events and talk to people and then it might just happen. It doesn't always though. I legit ended up with my ex-girlfriend because she was my best friend 3 years before I asked her out.

NickiFire and DragonBoys like this.
  4. Kaoru Kat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't even think about that. I only gave her advice pertaining to leaving the house and going to events. I agree that she should like posts and stuff. I forgot that people can end up dating on here. I just never really think of that.

5. DragonBoys

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    To my understanding, this site isn't a dating site, but I think it's a nice starting point for meeting others. I thought I saw another post on a different thread that it would also help if you wore something related to the pride flag like a bracelet or shirt, etc, just to let queer girls know that you're available and may be interested just in case they assume you're straight. This way, you can go out in public doing mundane things or to a nice party or whatever and maybe meet somebody without going all the way to clubs and bars.