1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So let me tell you about these lesbians...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Barb, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Barb

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Many months ago, I noticed a post on Facebook saying there would be a lesbian webseries coming up in The Netherlands. I didn't think much of it because there was no information whatsoever. BUT. A few weeks ago I stumbled upon an actual trailer for said series and boy was I hyped right away!

The series I'm talking about is Anne+. Originally meant to be a webseries, the episodes focus on Anne, a Dutch student and also a lesbian. The episodes each focus on a relationship, fling or whatever Anne has experienced with other women after breaking up with her first true love.
    Instead of focusing on a coming out story or the struggles that come with being gay, Anne+ is just a series about love. And it happens to be gay.

I fell in love with the trailers and short interviews on their YouTube Channel and I now even managed to get tickets to see the premiere in September.

Besides being beyond hyped and really happy I got tickets, I wanted to share this with you, since the series are not only to be watched by a Dutch audience. Like the trailers, the series will get English subtitles too! So if this seems interesting to you, please check it out and tell me what you think! I would love to meet more people who are as excited about these series as I am!

Check it out on both their website and YouTube Channel! Just look for 'Anne+' and you'll definitely find it!

// And even better news: not only will this be a webseries, the episodes will also air on Dutch television!

2. Broods

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for sharing this find! I am always happy to discover new wlw content :slight_smile:

I will pass along a reco in return: I recently came across a series called "Strangers" that is available on Facebook Watch for free. They are in the midst of the second season. It is written and directed by a queer woman and also stars a couple queer actors (particularly in the second season).

Hope you like it :slight_smile:

3. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to be very excited about Anne +
    But I feel it's been almost 2 years since the initial trailer and people have been giving lots of money to have the release be constantly postponed. It's clear to me that they are trying to create quality content and it's exciting but the overly long wait has made it much less exciting.

Here are two quality web-series that I also very much enjoy and similar to Anne+ :
    "La théorie du Y" and " Féminin/Féminin" both French speaking web-series but available with English subtitles and extremely good quality and content.

4. Barb

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A small update! I have been to the premiere of Anne+ and I have to say I have fallen in love with the series! The episodes were all so different, yet equally amazing and I loved every minute of it. I can't wait for a second season and I am definitely rewatching it on television too!

The first three episodes are on the Anne+ website now too! They upload every wednesday, for whoever is curious!

5. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    These sound amazing! I adore French lesbian movies. Blue is the Warmest Color got me hooked on French cinema.

6. LunaMare

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’ve seen the first 3 episodes of Anne+ and I fell completely in love with it! It’s so relatable, cute and quirky! The concept is really original and the characters are very interesting. I especially love how this is all after her coming out and it’s just about dating in your twenties and all the emotions and awkwardness that comes with it, and she just happens to be gay.

And like Linning said, ‘la theorie de Y’ is a fantastic webseries!! It’s about all the confusion a girl goes through while figuring out she is bisexual and I have never seen anything that represented and explained bisexuality that well.

7. Broccoli

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for sharing this - and to the others who have popped up with recommendations too. Some more to add to my 'watch list'!